Drivers seat rear cover

bonerp

Reaction score
On the back of the front seats there is a plastic cover. Anyone know how to remove it?? An annoying kid (!) has booted mine and broke the lower catch.
thanks
Paul

hi

you do not have to remove the panel to fix this problem, i found my back pannel on my 2002 sport was loose at the bottom and the two broken ends of the plastic clips under my seat! I purchased a repair kit from Audi for £9 (£64 for new back!) pulled the bottom out a little placed the two metal clips onto what was left of the old clips. I then gently buckled the rear pannel until the clips went over the edge (You may have to bend the Metal clips a little to get them to fit) and the panel sat down into place. It has not moved since.

hope this helps

thanks for that. Did you have much of a clip left as mine has broken at the bottom! I'll pop up Audi!

it looks like it is designed to brake so you can get into the back and then fix using the repair kit.

Had exactly the same problem both plastic clips at the bottom had broken off. Went to Audi and got the repair kit (consisting of two metal clips and two sticky pads). Quite fiddly without removing the complete panel but with a little persuasion managed to refit the panel. A nice secure fit.
Kit cost me just over £10 plus the vat. Well worth it.