EXHAUST TIPS

AudiSport

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the standard 2001 1.8T A4 saloon which I'm very happy with. However, my exhaust tips look so small compared the the 3.0L A4 Convertible I park next to at work every day! What size are his 3.5'' ? Can i change just my tips - and if so where can I buy them/ fit them?

I'm not sure I want to spend the £600 on a Milltek!

There is stacks of custom exhaust places out there, Id say go along to one of them and ask them for a quote.

There is a place near me that does Powerflow and they charge £25 per tip fitted If I remember rightly, they got dozens of different ones aswell. Alot of the Golf boys have had theirs done around here.

Used to be a lad on my street who got his Audi Cab done a while back and he got both tips for £45 fitted.Cheap if you ask me..You can bargain with them.

We've got 2 powerflows here and the other quoted me £475 for exhausts cat back, the one near me did it for £350 so just goes to show, its down to the guys who are running it.

£130 for tips though sounds harsh.
£115 for Box + tip fitted I was quoted...

Just spoken to the guy on the phone from Powerflow and he said if the backbox has to come off then its £55 - £60 per tip so yeah adcooper yours was probably right then.
If they can do them on the car then its minus £15 - £20.

Min was fitted on the car but they said it was a special order as he made them that night as i wanted a certain one???

Does anyone know what the part number is to allow 2 tips to show, to fit a 2004 saloon?

3 and 1/2 inch mate they do look very OEM, i look back at the original pic's and it looks naf

Thanks for the info - 3.5'' looks just right!

I can't decide weather to pay £120 to have my tips changed £350 for a custom rear box with bigger tips.

Im worried about the noise from a new box. I had a custom system for my old calibra and that lasted 3-months before I put the standard one back on! The droan at 75-mph drove me round the twist.. You take a real chance that the guy is going to get the sound right.. I would love a deeper note at tick-over and low revs, but I don't want any Saxo rasp if you know what I mean...

???

Yes mate i just wanted the look no more noise its not that type of car