AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    R15 - TDI Power

Status

Good Deal??? - 1.8T(190PS) s-line A4

Hi all,

I've been offered a 2004 1.8T s-line A4 (the 190 PS version) with 62,000 miles on the clock for what seems like a decent price.

Was wondering if anyone owns/has owned/driven one - and how they found it?

I had been originally considering a 1.9TDi (130 PS version) - and was wondering (apart from the obvious power differnce) how the 2 stacked up against each other?

Was the s-line trim available on the TDi models at the end of 2004?

Cheers,

Aido

2. # ADS
    ADS

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Do a search for 1.8T 190 as there's been loads of conversation about this model! Pav-G has a thread a little lower on the list titled selling my 190 or something like that so drop him a PM for any info you need as to what they're like. Comparing to a 1.9TDi though they make they're power very differently, the diesel will produce much more torque and lower down, but the petrol 1.8T 190 will be quicker & more rev happy. It'll also cost more to run given it will return less mpg if you do enough miles to overcome the price difference betweeen petrol & diesel. And yes there should of been a TDi s-line out in 2004.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

4th Gear

Status
    mines been a good car had it a year, i previously had a 1.9tdi but dont do enough miles to make up for the fuel price difference, i only do 8k a year ish. i do miss the torque though but when i have remaped mine ill be happy
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    And yes there should of been a TDi s-line out in 2004.
    In B6 the only S-Line was a 1.8t 190ps.

You can get TDi Sports with the GmbH body kit, but they are not S-Lines.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

R15 - TDI Power

Status
    Thanks Bubstar, I'd suspected that might be the case alright. I'm fairly sure it would have been late 2004 when they introduced the upgraded 1.8T. Are there many of them around? I'm in Ireland and this is the 1st I've seen with that spec for that model/year.

Does anyone know what was included in that s-line pack?

Half leather seats, brushed alluminium trim, 17" RS4s, s-line badges (side only?) ???

Was there sports suspension included?

5th Gear

Status
    I have both the S-Line (190) 1.8T and the 1.9tdi (130). Both are FWD also.

Both are very good cars in their own right. The petrol obviously revs easier/quicker/higher. The DERV is more sedate and fuel efficient. Both are re-mapped, and get approximately 30mpg o/a from the 1.8T and 45mpg from the DERV.

Really depends on how you drive, how you like to drive (thrashing it through the revs), miles driven etc etc...

Can recommend both...
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RS84 View Post
    Thanks Bubstar, I'd suspected that might be the case alright. I'm fairly sure it would have been late 2004 when they introduced the upgraded 1.8T. Are there many of them around? I'm in Ireland and this is the 1st I've seen with that spec for that model/year.

Does anyone know what was included in that s-line pack?

Half leather seats, brushed alluminium trim, 17" RS4s, s-line badges (side only?) ???

Was there sports suspension included?
    it was 2003 when the 190 1.8t was introduced and the 1.8t sport gmbh 190 was the forerunner to the s-line. the 190 was also available in the se trim but they are few and far between. i dont think the s-lines have a brushed ali trim they had a matt ali trim i think, they had an s-line badged air leather steering wheel, rear door badges, half leather seats,s-line badged door sill trims, gmbh bodykit, lower suspension, and rs6 wheels. the 17" rs4,s were fitted to the 1.8t le versions available with the 163 bhp engine.
    Last edited by jase0851; 16th July 2008 at 15:43.
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

R15 - TDI Power

Status
    Cheers Jase,

That's great.

Yeah I've a few pics of the car alright, they're not too detailed though. I just assumed it was a brushed alluminium trim, could be matt alright...

That's a pity about the wheels then, I would have prefered the RS6s!

Neutral

Status
    Hi,

I'm currently selling my Audi A4 Avant 1.8 T (190bhp) S Line

Spec is as follow's

May 2004 "04 Plate"
    48,000 miles
    Full VAG service history
    18 inch RS6
    6 disc front loader with Bose
    Half leather (silver)
    Ayako Silver
    PCD
    Chrome pack
    Interior light pack
    Fully loaded

Offers in the region of 10,990.

The car has been a pleasure to own and drive and will be surely missed, but a growing family has resulted in a reluctant sale!!
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi (140) S Line, Brilliant Red, 18 inch RS4 Alloy's, PCD etc etc Mint!!!

1st Gear

Status

Mt 2004 tdi 130bhp sport is for sale too

My 2004 tdi 130bhp sport is for sale in the classified section, aluminium trim, rs4 cab mirrors, s-line front and side badges, gmbh etc etc. finished in Pearl black
    60500 miles

Loads of piccies available if needed. 9895 ono
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851 View Post
    it was 2003 when the 190 1.8t was introduced and the 1.8t sport gmbh 190 was the forerunner to the s-line. the 190 was also available in the se trim but they are few and far between. i dont think the s-lines have a brushed ali trim they had a matt ali trim i think, they had an s-line badged air leather steering wheel, rear door badges, half leather seats,s-line badged door sill trims, gmbh bodykit, lower suspension, and rs6 wheels. the 17" rs4,s were fitted to the 1.8t le versions available with the 163 bhp engine.
    Jase is right again.

In the UK the B6 S-Lines had half silver or black leather, 18" Five Arm wheels ,brushed alloy trim, Quattro Gmbh Suspension & body kit,black headlining, full DIS, int' light pack + a few more bits and bobs. The June '04 on cars had the S-Line badged steering wheel.

They ran from March to Sept 2004.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    I'd go for it mate, ive driven both and in my opinion 190 all the way - you miss the torque from a diesel but the 190 is plug and play and believe me you will have fun through them gears. You will get the common problems in all i.e. failed coil packs but an inexpensive fix plus the 190 comes standard with the s-line kit, 6 speed gearbox, sport seats, 17's etc - just go for it and enjoy.

I'll be selling my 190 late 53 plate with 81k for around 8,495 for an indicator. Hopefully it should be snapped up at that price