AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Alloy Wheels Refurb?

Hi folks

Relativly new here and wanted to ask a question to any of the scottish folks out there that could steer me in the right direction.

Due to my wifes ...emmm.... superb kerb parking system, i seem to have inherited Major scuffing on my alloys and was wondering if you guys had any good suggestions of reputable refurb places in scotland, ayrshire, glasgow if poss allthough would travell a bit for the right place.

Also what is the gennerall for the four wheels, my A4 1.8t is sittin on audi 5 spoke 18"S at the moment.

Any imput would b greatly appreciated and thnx in advance.
    Cheers J

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    i dont know about scotland but its 50 quid a wheel round my way
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

cabriolet

Status
    be carefull, every time the wife has killed one of my alloys and had to have a refurb in the past, there never the same,usually a slightly different colour and never as good a finish, sometimes better with a new alloy,more expensive i know.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Neutral

Status
    Hi all

Jase, fifty quid sound good for me, thnx for the heads up.

1wheel, i cant afford the s for the new ones, shes done the lot m8, all 4.There in a bad way at the mo, but i appreciate the info....i think i got no option but to take the gamble and get them refurbd.

It was a shot in the dark but i was hoping that one of the boys up here had got there wheels done in the past and could give me a rep place.

Many thanks for the info guys,
    Cheers J

cabriolet

Status
    What alloys are they,are they the same as mine in my picture, are they genuines or copies.
    the reason i ask is that mine are copies and im very pleased with them and they are only 70 each from my local guy.
    only paid 470.00 all in with tyres.
    might be an option for you, i know people dont like having copies but sometime the cost over rides it.

Neutral

Status
    [img=http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1813/picture175wv1.th.jpg]

1 wheel, they are originals...man you should be proud of those wheels m8 they are superb and at that price....you done very well...are they 18"s that u r on?

Tried a pic at the top, ill get a close up to see the extent of the damage...see what ya think.

Cheers J
    Last edited by A4 TURBO UK; 14th July 2008 at 19:10.

Neutral

Status
    You should look at this as a blessing in disguise. If you are getting all four refurbed, you can get them changed to any color you want. I got a quote for a set a few weeks back from a place down here in the south for 250 all in with any color powdercoating I want. Maybe you can go with some gunmetal or something?

Neutral

Status
    Thnx sandspeed, i think i will give it a go but i might wait a bit as i will be due a tyre change in a few months and i am gonna go with a tyre that provides a good rim protector, my work collegue has a BMW, can't remember offhand the tyres he has, but he swares that the rim protectors are "wife friendly" so to speek.lol

There would be a divorce if a got a refurb and she came home with that "ive just done it again" look on her face.

Cheers J

cabriolet

Status
    in that case you might be better off looking for a complete new wheel & tyre deal,i think youll be suprised how cheap you can find them.
    if you way up the cost of new tyres and four refurbs i dont think they would be much in it.
    ps: if all four are like that i think i would be divourced allready!

pps: let me know when shes wrecked three of the new ones and ill give you my user name ( 1wheelonly)

Neutral

Status
    Infact, f&%K it....

Would anyone be interested in a tradeoff????

FOR SALE
    Female,30k,clean,full service history(lol),1 previous owner,too many extras to list.

WANTED
    4 new 18" alloys.

Any takers pleas PM me.lol

Cheers J

cabriolet

Status
    i feel for you mate.
    your in the **** if she reads this lot.

i dont think anyone with a car would take her mate,sounds like high maintenance,alloys arent cheap

RyU
    Reverse Gear

Status
    hahah comical!!! down by me (hampshire) its 55 a wheel....

cabriolet

Status
    RYU do you think a refurbed wheel ever looks as good though?

RyU
    Reverse Gear

Status
    depends who does it....

to be fair i have seeb many refurbed ones, watched one guy do a set of peugeot ones who in all due fairness did a very good job, just a shame the colour mix was completely wrong! the wheels were a bluey silver....looked poop!

cabriolet

Status
    thats what i mean,you either get a great job but colour match is poor or a fair match but a **** finish.
    no matter what they never match the rest of the wheels.
    id rather get a replacement the a refurb,especially on such a common wheel as the rs6's which i have.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    RYU do you think a refurbed wheel ever looks as good though?
    there is a place in stockton called romax near me, who refurbed a set of kahns for me 2 years ago and the finish was superb just as good as original if not better
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Neutral

Status
    Yeh, I'll second that... I've just got my wheels back from Romax and they look better than new! I had just bought a full set of new Conti's which they kindly fitted for me too. I got all 5 18"'s done and it was 250.00. Dropped it off at 8am and I had a call at 1.30 saying they were done.
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::

cabriolet

Status
    i guess ive just been to the wrong places but as ive said,ive never been pleased with any of them, and when you get em back you just get the same old story " well we think there ok, there the best youll get" which is to late then and have to pay or loose your wheels.

glad you lads have got a good bloke and are happy with the job

Neutral

Status
    Hi all

Many thanks again to all who posted, im stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, think if i am gonna go down the route of a refurb i am gonna research the place first, see if they can show me before and after pics of other wheels they have done?

On the other hand 1wheels alloys look the buisness and for the , it seems hard to refuse?

55 refurb 4 wheels=220
    70 replica 4 wheelsntyres =470

Could go down the refurb route and with the spare 250, send the bloody misses back to driving school for some reverse parking lessons?

Once again thnx to all who posted, it is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers J

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    If you have any spare wheels you can do them yourself? I am just about to do a set of RS6's for myself. You can buy the original Avus silver from Audi still and it comes with a lacquer also. Then you will be sure you will get a finish you are happy with.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    I know Romax back from when I used to work for Jaguar and they did our wheels. The standard of the finish is absolutley perfect.

I had my girlfriends alloys done about 6 months ago and they where totally wrecked! They had a chunks missing, scrapes the lot. On picking the car up, the guy asked me to pick the most minor of fault with them and I couldn't. They have a way of filling the gaps by aluminium welding and then turning the rim/face down on a lathe...Non of this filling with apoxy or body filler.

It's worth the trip down.
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::