revo'd ecu

howdy quattro

Reaction score
anyone got any idea how much a 2nd hand stage 3 revo mapped ecu would stand me at, runs the 1.8t 20v engine at around 300 brake wiv the right injectors etc? What would be a sensible price??

, runs the 1.8t 20v engine at around 300 brake wiv the right injectors etc?

You'll NEVER even get close (like within 60) to 300hp with a map and injectors!

Sorry to pi** on your bonfire Dude.

BUB

thats just what this lad has told me bub! What can i say! Said his golf which is what it came off was runnin 300 brake wiv this ecu and big injectors.

he offered me it but wants me2make an offer instead of him giv me a price how much he wants4it,its not me sellin it and tryin to pull a fast1mate!

hmm, my personal opinion is that by the time you have reconfigured the new ECU to work with all the bits in your car, swapped immobiliser codes etc, it would probably cost the same as getting your ecu revo'd...

i could be wrong, but i think an ECU transplant would be a pita.

As said, I doubt it would even fit, let alone work! It might be a 1.8t Golf but it isn't a 1.8t A4.

Best save the pennies for a proper re-map.

BUB :beerchug:

yeah your right bub, just hoped i could find an easy way for more power just to tide me over till i can afford some real performance gains!

Totally agree with Bub,get a proper remap and leave the 300 bhp ecu to the dreamer in the golf.

Might not be a dreamer, could be a communication breakdown here... if it is stage3 then 'one' of the requirements would be for injectors, it might be that he's run a manual boost controller allowing him to run almost any turbo rather than what we tune for (which would have let him run the N75). I imagine there would be a few more things required to even run the ECU in another Golf, however it won't run an A4 anyway! Completely different.

Might not be a dreamer, could be a communication breakdown here... if it is stage3 then 'one' of the requirements would be for injectors, it might be that he's run a manual boost controller allowing him to run almost any turbo rather than what we tune for (which would have let him run the N75). I imagine there would be a few more things required to even run the ECU in another Golf, however it won't run an A4 anyway! Completely different.

Your right he might not be a dreamer,he could just be a bullshitter trying to flog on his ecu to anyone who will believe his crap.

Your right he might not be a dreamer,he could just be a bullshitter trying to flog on his ecu to anyone who will believe his crap.

Most likely the case... he might not care as long as he gets money for it.
It's possible that he doesn't know what he's got and what it would work in, If somebody knows him though or can point us in the right direction we can help verify what he has got and can advise what it will work on so at least (if he chooses) he can sell it to someone that could actually benefit.

you can get a remap to +40 - 50 bhp for around £300 anyway, so its not worth the grief buying a second hand ecu, that may not even hook up to the a4 anyway, and will throw up all sorts of security issues, from radio serial numbers to vin stored in instrument cluster, immob, keys, its not viable mate.

Plus you cant prove the ecu you get was ever remapped, if it doesnt work the guy wont want to get involved as you are responsible for that bit...money down the toilet.