Memory Seats

JohnboyC

Reaction score
My a4 has full electrically adjustable front seats.....but I was wondering whats involved in the installation of "Memory Seats"....

Has anyone done it ? Is it an easy installation ? Is it worth the bother...I would only do it if I could locate the parts from a breakers...

it has been done before i have seen a how 2 some where ill try to find it

i want to do this too. audi were particularly unhelpful when i asked, i practically got told, dont bother, it'll cost lots.

but i still want to know how to do it, using 2nd hand parts shouldnt be too bad i reckon.

:thumbsup: thanks for the links, and erm...****, thats a lot ot hassle. :ermm:

I had them on my A4, aparently they were very rare! To be honest though unless the car is constantly being driven by other people besides yourself meaning the seat gets moved about a bit I'd say they're a total waste of time!! I was the only one who drove my car and in 2 years of owning it I must of used the memory buttons 3 times, once when I 1st got it to set them & the other 2 times when it was in the garage and they moved the seat! I wouldnt pay for it as an option if I ever bought a car, lets put it that way!!

I had them on my A4, aparently they were very rare! To be honest though unless the car is constantly being driven by other people besides yourself meaning the seat gets moved about a bit I'd say they're a total waste of time!! I was the only one who drove my car and in 2 years of owning it I must of used the memory buttons 3 times, once when I 1st got it to set them & the other 2 times when it was in the garage and they moved the seat! I wouldnt pay for it as an option if I ever bought a car, lets put it that way!!

I'd love to have them as my wife is 5" shorter than me so we're constant having to move the seats back and forth. However I seem to recall it was about £1200 for the Comfort Pack which included the memory seats so it wasn't happening!

my mrs is likely to drive the cab eventually. i just really wanted memory seats after my stepdad had a go and when i went to move the seat to where it was, i pressed the wrong button (duh!) and spent about an hour trying to get it back to where it was before. however since then, i have only ever moved the seats forwards/backwards a bit.

seeing the work involved, i probably wont bother, but thanks again for the links :)

ummmm i'm tempted to have a go.
after installing my electric heated recaros 2 weeks ago and wiring them in with a new loom as mine did not have it this does not seem too bad you know as everything is explained very well.
i'm gonna sleep on it

ummmm i'm tempted to have a go.
after installing my electric heated recaros 2 weeks ago and wiring them in with a new loom as mine did not have it this does not seem too bad you know as everything is explained very well.
i'm gonna sleep on it

you got sorted with the cables from kufatec then

Thanks Sandspeed......so not impossible then but requiring a bit of work.....I may consider doing it if I can find the entire wiring loom, control units etc from a breakers.....
Same reason I would like them is due to the Mrs being 5" shorter than me.....and It would be great to set seat position by pushing a button rather than faff about getting seat back into original position.....

I wonder if other Audi's like the A3, & A6 have the same control unit & memory seat keypad

you got sorted with the cables from kufatec then

yes i got them from kufatec but they never sent the instructions to where the wires are connected behind the climate control. but they got back to me after a week or so of me bombarding them with emails. It done my head in at first having to take so much out but now it doesn't seem that bad as you learn so much about the car everytime you do something to it.