Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: K04 turbo

Neutral

Status

K04 turbo

The 1.8T 190 has a K03s turbo as standard which is capable of around 230bhp when mapped.

Is there any benefits of changing to a K04 turbo before i get a remap done?? I know there wont be massive gains but is it reccomended? The reason i ask because i might be able to get hold of a K04 quite cheapily.

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    anyone??

4th Gear

Status
    you want the k04-15 a8 thats what i will be getting in the near future, it will bolt straight on
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Neutral

Status
    I beleive if you go with a K04. it allows you (with the addition of bigger intercoolers,exhaust etc) to go for more horsepower. Theres a K04/K03 hybrid that is a k03 chell with ko4 turbines so it bolts straight on..

Don't let this info commit you to buy one though....Its vaguely what i think i can remember!
    2002 1.8t se, leather, concert, gmbh kit, 19" RS6, 210bhp Tophtechnik remap

Neutral

Status
    What sort of power can i expect with the K04-15?

4th Gear

Status
    bubstar,s the man to ask i think he was looking at 15 to 20 bhp more with a k04-15 i think he is already running 240 ish with an alloy TIP uprated dv and a star performance remap
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A8UK View Post
    What sort of power can i expect with the K04-15?
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851 View Post
    bubstar,s the man to ask i think he was looking at 15 to 20 bhp more with a k04-15 i think he is already running 240 ish with an alloy TIP uprated dv and a star performance remap
    This has been asked a few times now - search!

You only have to go to Audizine and Audi World to see that the yanks are getting (as Jase rightly says) 15whp more than me - about 165-170whp.

I wouldn't bother TBH.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)