K04 turbo

A8UK

Reaction score
The 1.8T 190 has a K03s turbo as standard which is capable of around 230bhp when mapped.

Is there any benefits of changing to a K04 turbo before i get a remap done?? I know there wont be massive gains but is it reccomended? The reason i ask because i might be able to get hold of a K04 quite cheapily.

thanks

you want the k04-15 a8 thats what i will be getting in the near future, it will bolt straight on

I beleive if you go with a K04. it allows you (with the addition of bigger intercoolers,exhaust etc) to go for more horsepower. Theres a K04/K03 hybrid that is a k03 chell with ko4 turbines so it bolts straight on..

Don't let this info commit you to buy one though....Its vaguely what i think i can remember!

What sort of power can i expect with the K04-15?

bubstar,s the man to ask i think he was looking at 15 to 20 bhp more with a k04-15 i think he is already running 240 ish with an alloy TIP uprated dv and a star performance remap

What sort of power can i expect with the K04-15?

bubstar,s the man to ask i think he was looking at 15 to 20 bhp more with a k04-15 i think he is already running 240 ish with an alloy TIP uprated dv and a star performance remap

This has been asked a few times now - search!

You only have to go to Audizine and Audi World to see that the yanks are getting (as Jase rightly says) 15whp more than me - about 165-170whp.

I wouldn't bother TBH.

BUB :beerchug: