B8 Headlights on B6 - Photoshop'd

zeratul

Reaction score
I saw on a thread (somewhere!) that you can buy these B8 style headlights for the B6 and thought that it would be a good idea to photoshop them and see what they look like on the car.

Hope you don't mind Juss.

J7uss_LED.jpg

nice work zeratul. i think i might be interested in a conversion if they are reasonably priced! (oh, and if they exist lol)

Cant help but feel it will look like someone ram raided a xmas tree.

Not a fan at all, I have to say, poor mans B8. (Not your car J7USS, just in general)

:salute:I dont mind at all Zeratul, gotta agree with rocko though, not liking them....

...now Zeratul,compensation for copyright infringment..;)

:)

On a red car no no but maybe you could pshop it on a black one??

I think your right... it may be more suitable on a black or grey model... I'll see what I can do.

Juss... why mess with perfection.:o.k:

At a guess Id say bend over and venture into Audi spares.

Lol :crying: I got the impression from the original post:

I saw on a thread (somewhere!) that you can buy these B8 style headlights for the B6

.....that B8 style meant lights that looked like B8 lights but were designed to fit B6 cars - I would think (but don't know obviously!) that fitting B8 lights to a B6 would be a mammoth job as the bonnet line and everything is totally different. Can you shed any more light on the original thread Zeratul?

I've got to be honest - I looked for ages for the thread and couldn't find it. I read it about 2 weeks ago and just opened the link where you can buy them and found a suitable donor vehicle (thanks Juss) for adapt... then was too busy to shop them til today.

I'm pretty sure you could buy them for the B6 tho. It was from a live site linked from the thread - could have been in Germany? not sure... Really sorry, thought someone may have saw it also! It well have been on 'vwaudiforum', 'audiforums', 'audi-forums' or 'tyresmoke'! I have another look.

I've got to be honest - I looked for ages for the thread and couldn't find it. I read it about 2 weeks ago and just opened the link where you can buy them and found a suitable donor vehicle (thanks Juss) for adapt... then was too busy to shop them til today.

I'm pretty sure you could buy them for the B6 tho. It was from a live site linked from the thread - could have been in Germany? not sure... Really sorry, thought someone may have saw it also! It well have been on 'vwaudiforum', 'audiforums', 'audi-forums' or 'tyresmoke'! I have another look.

Don't beat yourself up over it mate, I'm sure it will pop up again soon!

Ahhhhh right!

B8 style headlights. That would be even worse. The new audi driving light LEDs will be turning into the new Lexus lights.

Well, i can't see me fitting a new set of b6 wings back on for those! I agree wiv the lexus lights comment, or more like the halo eyes conversion.

Im glad to see the A-SN regains some sense of pure sexy style LOL!

J7uss, thought you were going to paint your silver spotlight surrounds black??
Oh and hate the lights, I like my car just as it is.

Quite like them myself, but defo with a black or dolphin grey A4...

I like them, I have a black July 2005 S4, anyone have an idea if these would fit, I am never sure if my car is a B6 or B7, it has the split grill of the B6 but the nose has a rounder shape. The VIN says code code B6Q on it but its registerd July 2005:uhm:

Thanks Mate,

So in theory the B6 8E version of the lights should fit mine, still a bit worried about the shape of the bumper as mine is definately more rounded but the lights look identical

Cheers

Cheers,

Not a great day for taking pictures -

DSC_0046.jpg

I think the headlights are different where they join the front wing, yours appear to slant down where mine are straight so I think I am screwed, went and ordered some because I am an impatient sod so will probably have them up for sale soon:rolleyes:

AudiS4.jpg

Is it a B6? the front bumper is definately more rounded was it an interim release before the B7

Thanks Again.

EDIT: not so sure now looking at actual pictures of other B6 their isnt a slant downward, I think its just the photoshopped image that has the slant

Ah right its because its the Cab version, different to the hardtop model!!
Still a B6 though, not sure about Hardtop headlamps and Cab lights...Id say they are the same, dont forget the image of mine at the top is Photoshop'd so dont show true form of the actual headlamp!

Main difference between B6 and B7 looking at the front of the car, would be I guess the front grill ?

B6 cars are split between the bonnet grill and the lower bumper grill, by the number plate, as per J7USS's signature photo, and your own.

B7 cars' front grills are like the ones in the yellow saloon image above. The grill from the bonnet extends down past the number plate, so it looks like one piece ?

Not sure about cabs, but would imagine they're the same as saloons and avants, in that regard. Also can't recall when they stopped making B6 S4's. You may have one of the last? I think it was 05. The 55 Reg (I think) was the B7.

Sure someone'll correct me...

:(

Thanks Guys, Sounds like I might stand a chance of them fitting will have to wait and see!

Well after 7 weeks the lights finally arrived but it doesnt look good at the moment.

First off before I go any further I have to say that for what I paid for the lights they are good, not brilliant but ok for the price and it looks as though physically they will fit my car -

DSC_0364.jpg

First problem is one of the units is broken, probably done in transit. The internal mount has sheared around the adjuster so they will have to go back :sorry:-

DSC_0370.jpg

Next problem is the electrical connector which looks different to mine which is more elliptical shaped than the one on the units. I havent taken the connector off to confirm but it doesnt look good. I am sure I can figure out the lighting but I am not really too keen on hacking off the Audi connector. Does anyone recognise the plug below, which year would the matching plug be off?

DSC_0371.jpg

The wiring on the units is untidy but would sort out -

DSC_0372.jpg

The next problem is that on the offside original headlight there is an ECU unit fitted, there is no bracket on these units so I would have to fabricate something.

So what do I do is it worth persuing these or get a refund, they definately are not 'plug and play' as advertised on the site, the break has also dented my confidence, what do you think??

Ah... bet your gutted after all this waiting. I suppose you need to decide whether your going to go with them / get a replacement or go for a full refund before you go back and contact them. Trouble is, anyone on here is counting on YOU as your the 1st to try these!
:)

Its not on that they're broken like that but may be fixed... I suppose fabricating the ECU may also not be too much of a problem - I suppose its the wiring thats your main concern. Are the wire colours the same ie do they match the ones to your car? Also, are the clips inside the same - would they fit into the one your taking off?

They look quite good otherwise.

Hope you do decide to get them fitted, but thats purely on a selfish note as I just want to see them fitted!
:jump:

Hope someone else is able to help.

Yep really gutted as I do like the idea of them although I know they wont be to everyones taste.

All the problems I have mentioned could be sorted, the wiring is completely different in colour so it would take some head scratching but not too bad.

To fix the break properly I would have to split the glass off and reseal as its difficult to get at.

They are made by a company called Dectane who appear to make lots of different after market headlights

So what do I do is it worth persuing these or get a refund, they definately are not 'plug and play' as advertised on the site, the break has also dented my confidence, what do you think??

I agree with Zeratul, you know what you paid for them and whether you think they are worth that given the quality and work required to fit them. But like Zeratul I'm also biased as I would love to see them fitted! If the quality is there I think they would look awesome!

They are certainly not plug and play though, and that would peeve me :gun2:

I ran 12V through one last night to check everything out and I must say the LED's look brilliant.

The quality of the housing is obviously not up to the Audi OE headlights but with the bonnet closed this wont be seen and they will look the part.

Looking at the pattern of dipped beam it looks as though the cut off is the wrong way round for this country but I may be wrong. Any ideas?

Havent heard anything from the suppliers as yet and I wrote on Tuesday so a bit worrying there.

I am tempted to try fitting them, I would do it so I can swap back to the OE units easily if needed. Does anyone recognise the connector?

As its finally stopped raining I got a chance to pull the connector off one of my headlamps and its the same!!!! yesss :blow:elliptical on the outside but oval inside. Hooked one up and it works a treat.

Still no word from the supplier, I will still go for return but ultimately I will fit them