Auto Lights & Rain Sensing wipers

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Just curious loike, but were Auto Lights and Rain Sensing wipers a single option or were the Auto Lights and Rain sensing wipers separate options when my 2003 A4 Avant was new ?

Reason is if you look at the A3 forums it looks like it was a single option for both items.......my A4 has auto lights but the wipers are manually operated...

Are rains sensing wipers easy to retrofit ? is it worth the bother ?

Cheers y'all.....

You sure, have you got the circle on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror that houses the sensor for rain spatter & also it would appear manual but 1st level up on the lever sets to auto & changes speed based on the pressure spatters on the sensor, one way to test is to tap the sensor if its there litely & then fast & you can see the wipers change speed, I thought was 1 package myself.

So then..... Can rain sensing wipers be retrofitted. I have a full auto mirror & sensor from an 07 A6. Does anyone have any diagrams for the B6/B7 A4's that show the wiper connections.

Cheers gang, Shane

So has anyone done this mod yet? As i'd really like to do it, I'm just so lazy when it comes to rain.

I think this came up recently and the general opinion was that auto wipers wasn't available on the B6 at all.

Might be remembering things wrongly though!

I think this came up recently and the general opinion was that auto wipers wasn't available on the B6 at all.

Might be remembering things wrongly though!

No that is correct.

So has anyone done this mod yet? As i'd really like to do it, I'm just so lazy when it comes to rain.

Mine are powered by an electric motor located under the bonnet, so it's not all bad :happy:

£500-odd quid to get this retro-fitted (incl. labour)... but that's rain-sensing wipers, auto-lights and auto-dimming mirror... think they're only available as the all-in-one pack....