removing door mouldings..

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, How are the Door mouldings attatched to our B6's? The middle ones, Im going to be taking them off for spray but wondered whether they are just stuck on...

What do you mean? The bit that wraps around from the dash where it says QUATTRO?
If so try this:

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116381

I'll be taking mine off soon for a spray too - I've got some slight wee scratches that do my head in when the light hits them in just the right way. I'll get the whole lot done at the same time.

Do you mean the outer door trims that are the bump guards against other cars?

I assume these so you can paint them a contrasting colour to break up the red or am I completely of target?

If you do mean these then I do believe they are stuck on, I dont remember seeing any locating lugs on the inner door panels on my S4 for them to clip on, they might clip in place & stick which knowing audi would be the way they would do it no??

But also as we know audi they might be single use mouldings, thats why we call them the stealersssssss, anyway you are very resourceful I'm positive you will be able to reuse them easily.

^^ Ah, got the wrong end of the stick :redface:

Cheers for that.
Yeah its the outer door mouldings (strips). I want to take them off so I dont get a lip edge when my sides are sprayed, someone has told me that they are stuck on with double sided so Im going to be very careful and take them off, dont fancy buying new ones if there is a chance I dont have to, going to ring the stealers tomorrow and find out just incase I damage any.
apparently they are supposed to be around the £80 mark...godddd dammnnnn!!:slapped:

I checked ETKA & the trims at the bottom of the door like on say a 8L S3 & I think B6 S4 have screws to hold in place but the middle trims show no screws so its definitely stuck onto the door fella, hope that helps & god damn at that price do it slowly, but if your paint guy is good he should be able to tape them up real well & paint round them & you wouldnt notice the difference with some delicate taping, but personally pref I guess.

Why you painting mate as it looks ****** good as is.

They're stuck on with double sided tape.

They cost about £12-15 each.

BUB :beerchug:

Cheers for that Nigel, Im going to be verrry careful taking them off. They are being painted too but want them painted seperate. My painter would mask them up ok but he suggests taking them off as there will be a fine edge if left on, not very noticable to the eye but its when I start jetwashing and it starts to get under the Laquer very slightly. He can leave a few mm gap from the moulding and the Strip then polish out but think id prefer a good solid spray!

Quite alot of people have asked me why the hell are you spraying it,ha, well im abit picky and noticed these little dents, tiny I say but they were there and there were quite a few (14 we've prep'd already) and they used to bug me when I gave it a wash especially the bonnet with stonechips. Plus ive done a little bit of this and a little bit of that so thought what the hell, a fresh lick of paint!!