Bluetooth Kit

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
Thinking of fitting a Parrot bluetooth kit to my :s4addict: which has nav plus and the Bose upgrade.

Is this going to cause any problems and is it an easy install?:unsure:

Any help or comments gratefully received. :footy:

It should be a piece of cake if you have the right adaptor that fits between your head unit and existing cabling......I fitted a Parrot CK3000 into the wifes Mini Cooper S no problem.....

Why dont you think about fitting the proper Audi OEM Bluetooth - it integrates brilliantly with the RNS-e and I reckon it will be pretty similar for the RNS-d...

I fancy the Audi one but wasnt sure how much it was? Where did you get yours and how much (if you don't mind me asking!) did you pay?

I'd recommend the OEM BT kit, especially as you have an RNS-E, easy to fit and pretty good quality.

Rich

I had a wade around www.navplus.us for you....

Apparently there is no OEM Bluetooth FSE for the RNS-D. You could go with the Parrot or a similar 3rd party system but you won't get any integration with the RNS-D.

So there you have it.....why don't you upgrade the RNS-D for an RNS-E and then fit the bluetooth module.......hmm, I would fit the parot kit.....its only £100 versus at least £700 for all the bits for the RNS-E & OEM bluetooth....

Cheers Johnboy - :beerchug: thats really useful information and has saved me a lot of pain as i have been trawling ebay.uk and .de.

I would love to spend £400 on the RNS-E but i have £600 to spend getting the roof working first!

I think the parrot maybe the way ahead!

Hi There,
The only thing I would watch for is that the handset cradle is not too close to the head-unit. With my fathers professionally fitted one in his Passat, it is in a pretty standard place to the left of the head-unit. When it rings, connects to a new cell and mid-call you get very loud dududu dududu noise (usual mobile phone speaker interference noise) through the stereo speakers.
Dont know if this will apply too much to the A4, but just watch out for it seeing as there are similarities in the workings of the two vehicles.

Cheers - i have bought the dashmount bracket the other day so hoping to mount the bluetooth unit on that and then hide the "brain" behind the dash somewhere.