reversing sensor probs

dans3.0

Reaction score
Hi,
Got a prob with my reversing sensors thought I,d ask the experts first before booking it in at the local stealers.

Put it into reverse and get the single beep then once moving beeps as if something is there but nothing is, stops for a bit then does it again but when something is behind it works as normal beeping untill a continuous beep when right up close, so not a big problem at the mo still kinda works.

Would be great to hear if anyones had this problem and sorted it or knows how too or what it might be.

Its an A4 Cab so is quiet useful when the hoods up.

Cheers all
Danny

Initially i'd get it on Vag-com as like you've said it sounds electrical, if your handy, the sensor is on the box, ther will be a few wires coming out, one will be your speedo, and one the reverse sensor. you can tell the difference between the two as one of them is towards the end of the box, this is the reverse sensor.

could be mud or dirt or wax in the bumper sensor init :) The little holes have to be clear or it will give a false indication.

you have an faulty reversing sensor you need to get it on the vag-com ... the sensor are about £56 each then you have to get them painted you also have to remove the bumper i had 1 faulty on my a4

paz

Hi
Cheers all
Have cleaned all around the gaps of dirt / wax etc still the same.
Must be a sensor on its way out I,ll get it vag.comed to see which one when I get round to it.

Dan

In that case probably a sensor.

I've got at least one dead front sensor. I bought two from VAGParts (£38+VAT each) and had them painted when I was getting some other minor paintwork repairs. Audi wanted £55+VAT each and £33+VAT each to paint!

Still have to get them fitted but will do at the next service.