DLR's on a b6

M22_PRE

A4 autovogue style
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has fitted or knows where to get the dlr's from for the b6 shape a4???

Are you thinking using vagcom to enable them in the standard headlights? As opposed to retrofitting some led ones or similar?

I would love to enable them in my headlights if poss!

wasnt aware u had to use vagcom. im not totally sure just seen them on sum r32's on the net last nite iand thoguht they looked kool, where can u get them from???

DSC00921.jpg

they are so GAY!

Dont get them - and no those arent the ones you can turn on in vagcom. DRL's (not DLR's) are Daylight Running Lights - you just set your region to Canada or Sweden in vagcom in the right options block to turn them on wi the ignition.

Groundsman Willy says: "Those "string of perls" lights are the gayest crap ever and they look totally **** on even the mighty R8. So there!"
g_willie3.jpg

lol

they are so GAY!

Dont get them - and no those arent the ones you can turn on in vagcom. DRL's (not DLR's) are Daylight Running Lights - you just set your region to Canada or Sweden in vagcom in the right options block to turn them on wi the ignition.

Groundsman Willy says: "Those "string of perls" lights are the gayest crap ever and they look totally **** on even the mighty R8. So there!"
g_willie3.jpg

lol

I agree 100%, whoever it was at Audi that thought they would enhance the appearance of a car that to me looks like half Audi - half BMW (the new A4) wants a great big in your face bitch slap!!

Anyone who sticks these on an A4 might as well get a Corsa instead :puke2:

So if I download the free version of vagcom, buy the appropriate cable and plug it in I could do this to my 2003 A4? What lights does it illuminate - is it the dipped beams, or the main beams on half power or something?

I think the sidelights and fogs or just sidelights or dips + fogs depending on coding value, there should be a thread on rosstech showing the options on our cars.

You can i think choose which lighting you want - right down to dash lights, red needles only, red + moonlight numbers, numbers only etc etc. Only fully selectable from 2002 onwards I reckon but could be wrong about that :)

You also (as i mentioned earlier) have to set the car's region to somewhere where DRL's are compulsory, canada and sweden being 2, there may be others...this can affect the alarm beep options too as some country codes beep, some dont, but its not hard to set how you want it if you read the coding instructions carefully. Unfortunately for some its done in Binary (base-2) arithmetic. Heres a quick & simple rundown on binary coding (written by me not stolen lol)

Binary uses digits like our normal base-10 system.

(base 10 obviously has units, 10's 100's, thousands etc, and as you know when a digit gets to 9 it "spills over" as a 1 into the next column, so 9 becomes 10)

Binary digits can only be 1 or 0, when they increase above 1 they spill over into the next column as a 1. Each digit position is called a "bit" - and each bit from right to left (yes right to left) represents a fixed decimal value.

They number binary bit columns from 0, as in bit0, bit1, bit2, bit3 etc so for 4 bits they are numbered only to bit 3:

Bit# 3 2 1 0
Value 8 4 2 1

So:
0001 = 1
0010 = 2
0011 = 3
0100 = 4
0101 = 5
0110 = 6
0111 = 7
1000 = 8
1001 = 9

etc etc - from the right to left the bit value just doubles, i.e. 1,2,4,8 so any number is made up by putting a 1 in the column for each value that adds up to the one you want, so 0110 = 0x8,1x4,1x2,0x1 which = 0 + 4 + 2 + 0 which = 4 + 2 which = 6

If a vagcom coding value for some area like "comfort electronics - lights" is say 6 then that would be 0110 in binary, so if enabling some feature meant setting bit3 to 1 - then your new binary would be 1110 = 8+4+2 = 14 decimal, you would enter "14" into the coding value field, and click "do" to enter the new number.

Thanks for that Scots - looks frankly terrifying :jump:! I'm not sure I would have the courage to start fiddling around in case I screwed summit' up!

I wouldn't want it to use my foglights, I don't wanna be driving around with them on all the time :whistle2: - I reckon its probably easier to use that little dial to the right of the steering wheel to turn the lights on if required! And i dont see much point if it just illuminates the sidelights really - was hoping for some half power dipped beams or something - not sure what that would do to the HID's though .....

My B7 is coded for Canadian DRL's. This puts a small glow through the indicators as well as the sidelights. Looks good IMO.

I know this topic is for the B6 so I dont know if the coding is the same. With version 805 of VAG-COM you dont need to worry about doing all the binary sums as the long coding helper will do all this for you. Just log into Address#9 - Cent electronics module and have a play with the codings. Just write down your original coding before you start so you can always return it to normal!

string of pearls? GAY!

As I have said on many an occasion, sorry matey, but they are so gay! You might as well get a set of chintz curtains up too, and some fluffy cushions.

LOL

you could always just turn the sidelights on through the daytime

A8 (or 'RS8' as they're now known) wheels and LED DRL's are perhaps the two worst things to happen to Audi.

A8 (or 'RS8' as they're now known) wheels and LED DRL's are perhaps the two worst things to happen to Audi.

Apart from the sales figures going through the roof and the A4 becoming the new 3 series and being driven by every other rep in the country ......

My B7 is coded for Canadian DRL's. This puts a small glow through the indicators as well as the sidelights. Looks good IMO.

Yes I can see that! Got any pictures taken at dusk? I take it it does the same to the rear indicators too then?

Yes I can see that! Got any pictures taken at dusk? I take it it does the same to the rear indicators too then?

I will try and sort out a picture later, It doesnt do the same to the rear ones. Coding for Canada just puts the normal red tail-lights on when the front DRL's are turned on.