Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Alloy pedals and sat nav

can u get alloy pedals and dead pedal for the a4 (not sum off the crappy universal ones) and have u guys any pics?

also is it possible to retro fit a indash sat nav unit into a 2002 a4 and if so is it a big job and more importantly how much would this sting me lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_boy View Post
    can u get alloy pedals and dead pedal for the a4 (not sum off the crappy universal ones) and have u guys any pics?

also is it possible to retro fit a indash sat nav unit into a 2002 a4 and if so is it a big job and more importantly how much would this sting me lol
    https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onean...4pedalset%3D29

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onean...28RS4dead%3D29

Those are from an RS4, fit straight on (assuming a manual car) and are good quality.

The sat nav, yes can be retrofitted. Which stereo is in your car now? The small (single DIN) cd player or the in dash 6 CD? If it's the former it's more work than the latter but done by many many people. http://www.navplus.us is probably the best place to find out about that one

Chas
    A4 2004 - 1.8TQ Limited Edition, 6 spd, Recaro Interior
    Mods - RNS-e (MK2); Rear Screens; PS2; AMI; Cruise; DIS; 18" RS6s; Carbonio CAI; Milltek CAT; Milltek CAT back Exhaust; Shark Stage 2 ReMap; RS4 RARB; HIDS; Auto Dim Rear View; RS4 Pedals, Gear Stick & Handbrake; Forge DV; Black Optics; Retro Fit Black Headlining; Retro Fit Power Folding Mirrors
    Mods to come - Memory seats; rear electric windows

Neutral

Status
    yea those pedals look spot on!! do they clip on on do they need drilling??

my sterio is a single din cassette player

4th Gear

Status
    You have to heat the new ones with a hair dryer then slide them on, a little bit of a pain but look good when finished.

4th Gear

Status
    Probably a daft question, but I take it you remove the current pedals rather than these sliding over the top like cheap covers?

4th Gear

Status
    Ok...may sound a little old fartish.....but when I see those sort of alloy pedals I cannot help but think they belong on either the RS4 (for which they are intended).....or a chavved up Corsa, Nova or Saxo with big bore exhaust........

The Audi RNS-e Sat Nav is a really nice integrated system.....and I have recently installed the OEM Audi Bluetooth as well...which is excellent !!!!

You will have to replace the single DIN with a double DIN fixture (which fortunantly I did not have to do) ...but I installed the RNS-e Sat Nav & Bluetooth myself....got all the bits of E-bay (the German e-bay www.ebay.de is the best place to find bluetooth stuff). I got my RNS-e from E-bay (UK).....if you want any advice check out

www.navplus.us which is great source of information....

E-mail me if you want ANY advice on RNS-e installation....particularly Bluetooth wiring...

Cheers

4th Gear

Status
    I would hardly say they look chavish

AUDI OWNER

Status
    Has anyone ordered from this web site that chasdrury says? Are they reliable?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, they are reliable. www.vagparts.com

Very well known and commended...

Chas
    A4 2004 - 1.8TQ Limited Edition, 6 spd, Recaro Interior
    Mods - RNS-e (MK2); Rear Screens; PS2; AMI; Cruise; DIS; 18" RS6s; Carbonio CAI; Milltek CAT; Milltek CAT back Exhaust; Shark Stage 2 ReMap; RS4 RARB; HIDS; Auto Dim Rear View; RS4 Pedals, Gear Stick & Handbrake; Forge DV; Black Optics; Retro Fit Black Headlining; Retro Fit Power Folding Mirrors
    Mods to come - Memory seats; rear electric windows

Space Cowboy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC View Post
    Ok...may sound a little old fartish.....but when I see those sort of alloy pedals I cannot help but think they belong on either the RS4 (for which they are intended).....or a chavved up Corsa, Nova or Saxo with big bore exhaust........
    You must be thinking of chromed plastic ripspeed types mate, (LOL) like the crap they sell at halfrauds and in max power

Proper machined aluminum or stainless is beautiful, and why should only the S4 have nice pedals? Cos its fast???
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Hmmmm I like them!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLOGY View Post
    Has anyone ordered from this web site that chasdrury says? Are they reliable?
    ive had allsorts from vagparts nol mudflaps, rs4 start buttons, aero wipers, discs etc etc they are good but sometimes delivery takes a while if they dont have what you want they have to order it from germany. generally delivery is a week or 2
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    Hmmmm I like them!
    Nice aren't they!

On the Drive or On The Redline

Status
    If there are enough of us interested would it be worth considering a group buy? See if we can get some sort of discount?
    2.5tdi Sport Cabriolet 2005 'AGL'- Xenons, auto dimming-heated mirrors, Bose, cruise control, Sat Nav, parking sensors, heated-electric seats, interior light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3NDY L View Post
    If there are enough of us interested would it be worth considering a group buy? See if we can get some sort of discount?
    I would be interested in this.

Space Cowboy

Status

The RNS-E sat nav unit is 400 second hand on ebay mate, you wont find one much cheaper than that anywhere.
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by evilscotsman View Post
    The RNS-E sat nav unit is 400 second hand on ebay mate, you wont find one much cheaper than that anywhere.
    And one of the best mods you can carry out imho

Space Cowboy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    And one of the best mods you can carry out imho
    You are spot on there mate, its on my must do list too

Neutral

Status
    is there any other bits and pieces needed to install this? and what about fitting itsself? major work?

Neutral

Status

i would be interested also

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Me too!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Space Cowboy

Status
    is there any other bits and pieces needed to install this? and what about fitting itsself? major work?
    Nah mate its a pretty straight swap, the only thing you need is a sharkfin gps antenna, and the dvd that goes with the set too.

(Even a 2006 dvd (not an ebay copy) can be swapped at audi for free in exchange for a 2008 one I think - might be wrong there tho.)

The antenna means drilling thru the roof however and maybe best given to a pro to do, but not impossible if your careful to do it yourself. Use masking tape to mark the spot accurately in pencil, and to stop the drill skidding. Use the size of drill you need for the cable stub, and don't pilot it smaller then drill out, it will judder the bit and make it skip out of the hole. Dont push down, let the drill cut the hole with no pressure. Oh and of course the headliner needs dropped at least at the back to prevent drill-through and to get the cable from the antenna to the dash etc.

ima do it myself when I get around to it )

1st Gear

Status
    Righto... I have sent a message to Vagparts and will let you guys know the reply.

4th Gear

Status
    You will need to change the cage to a double din one and also the ash tray, there is plenty advise on www.navplus.us

5th Gear

Status

(Even a 2006 dvd (not an ebay copy) can be swapped at audi for free in exchange for a 2008 one I think - might be wrong there tho.)

The antenna means drilling thru the roof however and maybe best given to a pro to do, but not impossible if your careful to do it yourself. Use masking tape to mark the spot accurately in pencil, and to stop the drill skidding. Use the size of drill you need for the cable stub, and don't pilot it smaller then drill out, it will judder the bit and make it skip out of the hole. Dont push down, let the drill cut the hole with no pressure. Oh and of course the headliner needs dropped at least at the back to prevent drill-through and to get the cable from the antenna to the dash etc.
    The new nav DVD upgrade finished last year. You dont need a sharkfin, you can fit a GPS antenna under the dash - much easier to do!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VAGPARTS
    Thanks for the enquiry about the group buy I don't see this being a problem but we will need a minimum of ten price will be 57.63+vat for the pedal set and the dead pedal will be 50.49+vat

Let me know when you have ten confirmed and I will set up a custom order for you to include shipping to your address
    So who is interested now?

coyote

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Id love to but a little pricey for me at the min, got few other bits to get first before these.

4th Gear

Status
    of the top of my head thats 125 quid ish ! then shipping
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Ouch!! Makes the 30'odd quid I just paid for a set of Brabus pedals for my little Smart Roadster seem like even more of a deal!

At that price your as well to have a look a the Samco catalogue as they do a huge range and will be cheaper. Its not like those RS4 ones have a 4-rings logo on them to make them stand out as OEM.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Space Cowboy

Status
    aye, I couldnt justify over 100 for pedals.

Isaac, cheers mate, just saw the pad type antennas the other day. I do like the sharkfin but a dummy would do then

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote View Post
    So who is interested now?

coyote
    Thanks for doing that mate, but I'm with the others right now - for 100 plus there are other mids I would sooner do. Like my upcoming cambelt change!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.