Finally got round to it!

Slinger

Reaction score
After talking about it for the past 4 months I've finally found the time to de-badge my Avant. I also gave it a good polish with Turtle Wax Colour Magic, you cant tell from the crappy phone pic but it looks amazing now. Spent a good 5 hours on it this afternoon and I'm proper chuffed with the result :)

Looking nice. What did you use to prize off the badges ? I presume they were stuck on.:o.k:

Thanks, I just sprayed a little wd40 and used a hairdryer and some dental floss to prise the badges off.

i used fishing line to remove the a4 badge from mine the other day, then used lighter fuel and a rag to remove the glue.

Worked ok, but when I used cutting compound to remove the brown centre stains the area cleaned up good but is slightly lighter than the rest now, so will have to t-cut that whole rear panel surface now :(

Damn you Halfrauds, wi yer cheap baubles and fancy promises...."brings paintwork up like new" - aye it does - but then ye have to do more - and more - ....AAAARGH!!
g_willie3.jpg

the day i picked mine up from the garage was the day i debadged mine ! makes the car look so much cleaner

Agreed, Once debadged it makes a whole new Smoother & neater appeal.

Mine's on the cards too. It only has the 'A4' badge plus the 4-rings. And have noticed that the 4-rings is actually coming off.

What can be used to stick the blighter back down ??

:)

you get special glue for spoilers and such, use that or very sticky double sided tape after removing all traces of the old sticky sponge stuff from the factory.

Use a stanley blade to cut the new sticky tape neatly round the badge and stick it on , easy peasy lol

just buy a new badge stoaks youve changed everything else lol

Nearly !

Dont want to spend anything unnecessarily though...

Change of topic - Just had an offer to test drive QST's (MTM) S4 with supercharger! Oh yes... !! Will report back in a few weeks, as not able to this weekend (Le Mans).

:)

is the 4 rings just held on with the tape or are there any pins into the body work

My mate had a B5 Black Avant a couple of years ago that he bought in Belgium when he lived over there and it was completely de-badged (though not by him) and it looked superb and very "stealthy", I'd do it if mine was Black.

ill pop a pic up tomorow :) hold on its 12am maybe in a few hours then !