Chrome Window Trim ?

roy_barber99

Reaction score
Can you add it if you have not got it ?

If i get it from a wreckers etc

How much do you reacon ?

How Easy ?

:)

I thought about that too, its supposed to be awkward to do, but no doubt if a man fitted it, then another man can change it!

seriously tho I think its doable but would take time. I reckon the part thats on the body itself will be clipped to a rain channel type body seam, and the door parts would require the most time and probably mean stripping the cards off and maybe even removing the windows to replace what is probably part of the outside scraper bar that seals the window at the bottom. Likely the rears will be the pain as they dont wind all the way down but the fronts should be easier. It will just be clipped horizontally onto the steel edge of the outer door skin.

Anyone else done it here?

I wouldnt even bother trying, I looked into this ages ago and was quoted £600+ Fitting :blink:....yes I know, sound ****** harsh. There is some labour involved aswell because how fiddley it supposed to be...
Evil is right, the rear doors are the Fcukers because you gotta strip the doors down and get inside to feed up through the Channel, then someone else told me apparently you have to change the rear quarter glass...:uhm:aint got a clue, I lost interest after that!!:3sadwalk:

Just be careful taking them off if you source some, they're supposed to be a bitch and once they bend, they're Fooooked!

the rear quarters make it a no go job as they are glued in and cannot be removed without breaking them, and they are very expensive

so the plan would be to fit everything else then smash and remove my existing ones, then ring insurance and get some new ones on the windscreen cover :)

:ermm: I've got the chrome trim.... but don't want it :blink: car is black & think it would look much better all black :(. Is there any way of dechroming whats already there? must be some product out there to cover the chrome or strip it off or something? :shrug:
If only we could swap somehow!! :sob:

Love that image from the A4mods website...

My A4 will look similar to the middle one in your sig image, russgt...

RussGT you could mask it off around the trim and paint it first with etch primer and then satin black acrylic from holts, that would do the trick and when hardened its quite tough.

I did my scooby wagon spoiler with it (it was metallic blue, my car was black) and in 2 years of carwashes etc it never ever scratched or chipped thru to the old colour. Granted I did prep it well (wire wool) but the combo of etch primer and acrylic paint really bonds deep.

I'm pretty sure any place that does those vinyl ads on the sides of trucks could cover your window trim in black if you want it, or chrome, or gold, or really anything. The options for colors are endless.

i seen an 08 plate audi a4 avant with the chrome ripped off the back and just hanging from the rear. looked like a vandal had tried pulling it of, it creased anyway !