Volks AutosChris Nott
    On the Drive or On The Redline

Status

End of the A4 Cab... and I've just got mine

Picked my A4 Cab up yesterday, i love it! its a '54' 2.5tdi, mauritius blue, half grey leather, heated electric seats, auto dim rear view mirror, auto dim - heated - folding wing mirrors, sat nav, 6 cd changer, cruise control, interior light pack, xenons, front and rear parking sensors, and its only done 23,500miles! paid 15k for it, dead on. think i got myself a good deal.

I was speaking to a friend at Preston Audi, as he was checkin the car on the system for me because it was bought from there originally, and he was saying they're stopping the A4 cab and making an A5 cab instead! i can see the A5 cab being very nice, but to stop the A4? there not bringin one out on the facelift either. has anyone else heard this?
    2.5tdi Sport Cabriolet 2005 'AGL'- Xenons, auto dimming-heated mirrors, Bose, cruise control, Sat Nav, parking sensors, heated-electric seats, interior light pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    This does actually make sense given the A4 cab had to have its body shell completely re-designed to change it in to a 2-door, not one of the saloon & cab panels are the same i believe! Given the A5 is a 2-door already all they'd have to do was take a grinder to the roof pillars, weld some bits on the chassis to stop it wobbling & away you go with wind in your hair! Bet they stick a folding metal roof on it though!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Space Cowboy

Status
    sounds like a bloody nice motor A3ndy, got some pics up mate!
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3NDY L View Post
    I was speaking to a friend at Preston Audi, as he was checkin the car on the system for me because it was bought from there originally, and he was saying they're stopping the A4 cab and making an A5 cab instead! i can see the A5 cab being very nice, but to stop the A4? there not bringin one out on the facelift either. has anyone else heard this?
    I heard the same thing from Cardiff Audi when I test drove the A4 B8 when it first came out. It should be a nice car when done though and does kind of make sense, just a shame it's going to take them so long to get the A5 Cab ready.

Rich

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry, forgot to comment on your new motor, it sounds very nice, everything you'd hope for toy wise too

Rich

3rd Gear

Status
    surely a new A4 and an A5 are pretty much the same car underneath so really an A5 cab is nothing new just marketing rebranding? 5's are 2 door A4s 4's are 4 doors and avants ?
    The A5 could easily have been called the A4 coupe but A5 sounds a bit more exclusive

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !