End of the A4 Cab... and I've just got mine

A3NDY L

On the Drive or On The Redline
Reaction score
Picked my A4 Cab up yesterday, i love it! its a '54' 2.5tdi, mauritius blue, half grey leather, heated electric seats, auto dim rear view mirror, auto dim - heated - folding wing mirrors, sat nav, 6 cd changer, cruise control, interior light pack, xenons, front and rear parking sensors, and its only done 23,500miles! paid £15k for it, dead on. think i got myself a good deal.

I was speaking to a friend at Preston Audi, as he was checkin the car on the system for me because it was bought from there originally, and he was saying they're stopping the A4 cab and making an A5 cab instead! i can see the A5 cab being very nice, but to stop the A4? there not bringin one out on the facelift either. has anyone else heard this?

This does actually make sense given the A4 cab had to have its body shell completely re-designed to change it in to a 2-door, not one of the saloon & cab panels are the same i believe! Given the A5 is a 2-door already all they'd have to do was take a grinder to the roof pillars, weld some bits on the chassis to stop it wobbling & away you go with wind in your hair! Bet they stick a folding metal roof on it though!

sounds like a ****** nice motor A3ndy, got some pics up mate!

I was speaking to a friend at Preston Audi, as he was checkin the car on the system for me because it was bought from there originally, and he was saying they're stopping the A4 cab and making an A5 cab instead! i can see the A5 cab being very nice, but to stop the A4? there not bringin one out on the facelift either. has anyone else heard this?

I heard the same thing from Cardiff Audi when I test drove the A4 B8 when it first came out. It should be a nice car when done though and does kind of make sense, just a shame it's going to take them so long to get the A5 Cab ready.

Rich

Sorry, forgot to comment on your new motor, it sounds very nice, everything you'd hope for toy wise too :)

Rich

surely a new A4 and an A5 are pretty much the same car underneath so really an A5 cab is nothing new just marketing rebranding? 5's are 2 door A4s 4's are 4 doors and avants ?
The A5 could easily have been called the A4 coupe but A5 sounds a bit more exclusive