Replacing Indicator bulbs

raywph

Reaction score
I have a new 04 plate A4 1.9di. I'm trying to replace the orange indicator bulbs with OSRAM ones.

I have unscrewed the two bolts above the headlight though I cant see the other screw behind the indicator.

Could anyone give me more info on removing the headlight unit as I would like to get rid of the fried egg look.

Cheers,

Hi Ray

I've just done that job, plus I fitted H7 Osram silver stars to the dipped and main beams. There are two screws at the rear of each headlight unit you need to loosen (not remove completely, you will see why when you spot them!). You can then wiggle the whole unit out far enough to get easy access to the bulbs or unplug the wiring and take the whole unit away and change them indoors! Take a look at the attached pictures, the offside headlight has the screws in the same position just mirrored.
The final one shows my A4 with all the bulbs changed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Identical!!!

Nice car ehhh!

What engine do you have?

Thanks for the advice. We must be on the same wavelength.

Cheers,

Hi Ray

I've got the 1.8T 190PS version, I went for the aluminium surrounds on the outside and aluminium inlays inside too. Other options I specified were rear electric windows and the driver Information system.

I'm very pleased with the car too, it always impresses me with it's general well built, rattle free feel when on the road. I'm just starting to explore the horse power a bit more now, it's not quite as quick as my wife's car (Leon Cupra) but it is still pretty respectable.

Have fun with the lights.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Done the work last night and I must say it looks 10 times better.

Cheers again for the advice and speak to you soon.

I thinking of changing the side light bulbs as they are too yellow. Possibly for Philips Blue Vision. I did the same on the TT. I may do the indicators while I'm there but it's seems the Silvervision seem to get more votes than the Diadems.

I'll check out the fixing first though. I'll pull some covers and see if it's as easy with the V8 in the way.

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
I may do the indicators while I'm there but it's seems the Silvervision seem to get more votes than the Diadems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean with the Silvervision-v-Diadems but I kinda like the blue effect the Diadems give whilst not being lit, particularly as my car is Mauritius blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi ultrasporta4vk05

It's not actually too difficult to get the units out and back in. I'd say only five minute job each side. However you need to be careful that the units go back in the same position they came out or some headlight re-alignment is required. I made sure by using pen marks on adhesive tape before the units came out, then lined up the pen marks when they went back in.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif