EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 Cabriolet Boot won't close HELP!

Had this problem onece before where the boot would not close. Moved the black handle inside that lowers the plastic for the roof to drop. But this time it does not make any difference.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Space Cowboy

Status
    WD40 on the mechanism on the boot edge? Maybe its sticky, or is latching itself in the closed position when the boot is opened, try touching the electronic "handle" when the bootlid is up to see if it moves over to the open position and stays there, and then close the lid....?
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Does it keep bouncing off the lock ? The black handle that lowers the boot part would not normally make any difference to the boot shutting. Does the boot release 'handle' make the lock work when the boot lid is up ? I've just checked mine and the motor still works when the boot is open. The cabriolets do have the occasional problem with cables breaking in the looms from the chassis to the lid. This is normally the radio aerial cables though.

Hope this might help a little

Andy
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Space Cowboy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyccr View Post
    Does it keep bouncing off the lock ? The black handle that lowers the boot part would not normally make any difference to the boot shutting. Does the boot release 'handle' make the lock work when the boot lid is up ? I've just checked mine and the motor still works when the boot is open. The cabriolets do have the occasional problem with cables breaking in the looms from the chassis to the lid. This is normally the radio aerial cables though.

Hope this might help a little

Andy
    Thats exactly where I was going with that Andy, I had an episode of this behaviour wi my B5, only on one occasion though and it never did it again after drowning it in WD40
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

Status
    Try not to use WD40 on things like this. WD40 is water based and eventually breaks down and turns back to water.
    I prefer to use a Teflon based spray. Go into a local push bike shop and you should be able to pick up a large can for 3
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter

Space Cowboy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyccr View Post
    Try not to use WD40 on things like this. WD40 is water based and eventually breaks down and turns back to water.
    I prefer to use a Teflon based spray. Go into a local push bike shop and you should be able to pick up a large can for 3
    Good call Andy, never knew that about WD, always though it was just a spray oil....?

Status
    Teflon lube has sooooo many uses !
    Great for locks, windows..... stuff...................

Status
    Oh and occasionally the boot latch can come slightly loose - I loosened mine when I changed the rear boot brake light and it bounced back as it was not quite lined up.

Failing that, then some gaffer tape to hold it down to get you home.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorted! Thanks.
    It was the bar on the body where the latch cliks in. t had come loose and moved too far down to operate the catch. Lifted it up and tightened the 2 bolts................

Status
    Another problem solved on AUDI-SPORT.NET