nice painted brake calipers now need to change the coolent?

davidsmith110

its alright my lover ive only had five!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi all....
Just driven home from germany over 850miles in total, time for a service and overhaul.
Started off with new brake pads all round new brake fluid, pollen filter,fuel filter,oil and oil filter cleaned the air filter(k&n) and finally got my air con regased.
just in time to fly through another m.o.t.
thought while i had my brake calipers off to change the pads i should paint the calipers...... they came up good just used hamerite red smooth.
they really did come up well.
just got one more thing to do (that i need some help with) i need to change the coolent.
ive never done this before on the audi just wanted to ask where is the drain plug (engine or radiator) and when refilling is there anything i need to do to bleed the system of air?
any help to these few points i would be very grateful...:rockwoot:

Can you post some pics of the painted calipers as thats next on my list of things to do!!??

would love to post some pictures but how do you do it on this site?

load your pics on photobucket then copy the img code of the pic u want to show and paste it into the thread reply box

here we go pictures of the painted brake calipers....
just pulled the calipers off cleaned them up with a wire brush used brake cleaner to get all the dirt and grime off then painted useing a brush.
did one coat then 10mins later put a final coat on job done.
used hamerite red smooth. (cheaper then the rubbish you get from halfords) its just high temperature paint anyhow.

SV400002.jpg

SV400003.jpg

Nice! Looks good, I'm gonna do this too, did you actually take the calipers off the car, or just off the bracket and keep the flexi pipe attached?

Don't really wanna bleed the brakes :no:

when i started i just wanted to change my brake pads but when i got into it i gave the brakes a complete overhaul changed the pads all round cleaned up the discs (just with a wire brush and drill) painted the calipers and changed the brake fluid.
start to finish maybe 4-5 hours while drinking a few beers.
brakes like a dream now, and the brake calipers really do stand out so can recomend this to anyone.
answer to your question just pulled the calipers to one side cleaned and painted them.:redrs4:

They look great! And improved braking as well from the overhaul - RESULT!

I painted the calipers on my old car and just masked off any parts i didnt want to paint, and it worked a treat - just need to be careful with the paint. :O)

I did that to mine only I used black. I've got EBC greenstuff pads so the contrast looks great and not in your face. I'd post a pick but I don't use any other photos thingys.....