econ light on all the time

jase0851

Reaction score
i changed the climate unit today for one with heated seat controls and the new one has the econ light on all the time it wont turn off ? i didnt have a problem before i changed them, the heated screen light isnt working properly either when the button is presses it lights for a couple of seconds then goes of has anyone had this before ?

Have you recoded it properly?

Are they different part numbers? Some climate control panels are not interchangeable, especially between B6 and B7 models.

yep just recoded it isaac and everything works appart from the rear screen now. it is a b7 unit though vag-com is comming up with
00975 - Heated Rear Window (Z1)
39-00 - Output won't Switch or Short to Ground

Then I 'think' you might be stuck with this problem,

They are different part numbers, if the rear screen was working fine before you swopped it over I'm unsure what else you can do. I recall reading of a similar problem a while back and the answer was simply that they are not interchangeable.

You may have to get a B6 panel.

Jase I had this when I brought one off E-Bay and it was faulty took it to Audi palying Dumb and they said it was knackered, maybe worth asking Audi to check it out.

just spoke to a lad of tyresmoke who did the same thing and has the same problem with the rear screen heating not working. issac you are right the rear screen problem is because the unit is of a b7 and apparently the b7 heated screen circuit has an extra relay. i arnt to bothered tbh everything else works cheers lads

it goes don to 16 degrees aswell the part number is 8EO 820 043 AP i am in the middle of retro-fitting heated seats so if anyone wants to know anything feel free to give me a shout