Front Panel Question ??

roy_barber99

Reaction score
Good Evening Ladies and gents

i have a quick question, im looking at replacing the front panels on my a4 to update the look, and fit an rs4 front end

so from a b6 a4 avant to a b7 a4 front end

i know the chassis and actual shape of the car is the same, but the front panels are different

can any one advise, maybe a mechanic or someone in the trade may know the answer

all the best

roy

Hofele front bumper would be your best bet but from what ive seen they dont look that well fitted.

Changing all the panels would cost you two fortunes!

yea ive thought and thought about the hofele conversion, but as u said it doesnt look right ! plus would be a ball ache !

is there anywhere i can get a parts manual for a b6 and b7 with exploded pictures of how u take bumpers off, that way i probably could see behind the panels and see if they fit

Its not getting them to fit, its actually getting them that will rack the price up.

You're looking wings, bumpers, bonnet, lights at least.

As above, it will all fit no problem, its the price of everything!

If you could find a B7 in a breakers then that might be the way to go, you'll be lucky though!

The RS4 bumper is thick end of a thousand pounds on it own!

luckily ive got a freind at a breakers, he said he can source the bits, and theres always ebay. the kit itself (hofele) is about 1k, i reacon i can get all the bits for 300-400 maybe not a rs4 bumper but a sline one

i just need to know if they willfit !

Yes they will fit, of course you need wings, bonnet, headlights, fog-lights, grille, bumper bar etc etc

the b7 wings are different to the b6 as they have a ridge near the top which runs along the side of the car. if you put b7 wings on you,d also have to change the doors and the rear quarter panels !

Well fair play to you, but its going to be a hell of a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of money.

but will prove u can do a conversion with genuine parts for less than what hofele whant !

I say good luck to you mate, go for it.
cant wait to see it.
end of the day if you can source the parts cheap like to say then hey why not!!:respekt:

cheers :)

the next best option i thought of was to go with your kit but the sline rear, like we discussed some time ago.