my passat is far quicker than my new a4 cab

ian b

Reaction score
my 2.0 tdi 140 is no where near as fast as my 1.9 tdi 130 passat. seems slow in 1st gear and then hits a flat in 2nd before it kicks in. dealer over phone says it a characteristic. any one else not happy with performance of tehe 2.0? thanks for any responce

Give your new A4 time to loosen up.

All VAG engines take some time to deliver their best performance. Every VAG car I've owned has delivered more performance once I've done 5,000 miles, 10,000 miles and 20,000 miles - noticeably so.

Hold on, a rep mobile 130bhp Passat versus a glorious road cruiser cabriolet which I am sure is a fair bit heavier than the Passat. I am sure you will find that the way the cars are mapped are very different.
My friend has a 2.0TDI 140 Mk5 Golf and it took well over 15000 miles before it really loosened up and started returning good mpg and fast throttle response.

If you are not happy with the performance then wait a few thousand miles and perhaps consider a remap too.

sorry lads..when i said new i meant new to me..its 06 an has 32 k

Power to weight ratio my friend! Your A4 has only 10bhp more but will have a fair bit more weight & a more flexible chassis so will wobble a bit when you try & boot it. Why rush though, if you get to where your going you'll only have to put the hood back up & get out of the car!!