Feedback on AmD chip upgrade w. Milltek exhausts?

willbank

Reaction score
I am soon to take delivery of my S4 Saloon and am interested in taking it to AmD for the Stage 3 treatment which entails re-mapped chip, new sports cats from Milltek and sports exhaust.

I am simply after torque and power increases and not more noise (or indeed a different look to the tailpipes but I will have to ask them about that). I realise that the exhaust will be a little throatier but I am trying to avoid the MaxPower scenario ;-)

If any of you have experience with this upgrade I would be extremely grateful to have your feedback. And even if there is no direct experience of the kit I would love any comments on the quality of AmD's work.

Link to the kit I am talking about:

S4 upgrade - see option 3

Sorry - btw - I didn't post this on the tuning board in order to try to get S4 owners' feedback but I realise that this may be the wrong thing to do.

If the admins want to move it that's fine - didn't mean to disrupt the board.

Best - W

Stratford Listers must have the first S4 cab stage 3 I would have thought. I will have to see if I can have a little peak at it, as they have never really treated me that great in sales there so I ordered from Sutton Coldfield Listers. They might tell me to hop it if I ask for a test drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Did you have the hood down when you took it out? if so I bet you had to restrain from blipping the throttle all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unfortunately it was a little bit on the drizzly side so I don't think they'd have appreciated me giving the inside a wash. Having said that, the noise from the Millteks is still pretty nice even when inside the cabin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I'm sure they must have the first stage 3 S4 cabrio as there aren't even that many standard ones around yet.

I did go and have a look at that one round Listers and Spencer started it up for me but would allow it out on a drive because he has just sold it for £47k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I've been out in a stage 3 S4 avant before and a std S4 cab and you can obviously tell the sound difference but with the hood down it might be either too noisy or just spot on.
I'll have to wait and see as I'm getting a cab in june and will have the stage 3 and I've got another higher specced one coming in Sept "ish" so if I think its too obtrusive I might get this one with just the stage 2.
It seems most people do go the full hog with the stage 3 though so it must be worth it but the cab is a different thing all together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good luck with that magical 400 figure. I would have that that you should get it as you're nearly there and like you say, it would have free'd up with the miles.
I've not heard of anyone (online or elsewhere) that has had less than the stage 3 appart from std of course. My brother works for Listers in Sutton where I've ordered mine from and they have sold nearly all their S4's with the full stage 3. The sales guy I ordered from said that he hasn't seen a std one go out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
Mine came from Listers in Stratford. Listers obviously believe it's a good mod.

p.s. So where are all these other owners?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told by Spencer (the sales manager at Stratford) the only reason that they have a lot of AmD work done is because one of the guys their is a personal friend. Not sure if this is entirely true because Listers in Sutton have nearly all their S4's done with the stage 3 according to my brother who is a technician there and the sales manager. Their S4 demos are always stage 3 as are Listers in Stratford as I only work around the corner and I can hear when one of them comes past my shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif.

I've seen one at Sutton that was in for £7k worth of suspension work to be done after he ploughed into a round about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif