Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Audi A4 Avant 1.8T 190 S-Line its good to be back

Status

Angry I almost cried yesterday can anyone help!

Had a towbar fitted yesterday to my A4 Avant S-line, when enquiring i made sure that they would fit the correct plug in wiring and would not need to cut the bumper or at least that the cuts are not visible. The company said they have to cut it but it would only be the lip underneath and it would not be easily visible.

Anyway dropped my car off at 9am yesterday morning and went back at 4pm to find this :-(

The manager took me out to see the work and to see if I was happy. Em unhappy was a massive massive understatement, the first thing he said was "i would not be happy with it on my car". Glad he said that first as i really wanted to hit something anyway he said that he was going to contact Brink the towbar manufacture as it states non-visible cut and not to worrie it will get sorted either change the towbar and a new bumper or no towbar and a new bumper.

So i have now got to roll around with the back of the car looking like sh%t.

I have done a search on the net and this site and there are some towbars that fit with the S-Line bumper with a non-visible cut. The one i found on this site is a Bosal one but there is no model stated. Can anyone who has a towbar fitted with an S-line bumper let me know the make and model as I want this sorted ASAP.

Cheers please help
    2004 Audi A4 Avant, 1.8T 190 bhp, S-Line, Altlas Gray, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Phatnoise in the glove box, crome mirrors, cruise control, MIJ Performace 3 1/2" Exhaust and a detachable towbar!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    damn buddy, that sucks. But good thing he isn't denying the back work. Hope it gets sorted out soon
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    I would of slapped him silly if that was my car.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Holy crap I feel for ya man, i'd be livid if that was my car! How on earth did the person who did that think it was actually a good idea? Good luck getting it sorted mate.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Status
    I looked at the box it came from and it comes with the templates to cut the bumper so the fitter just fitted it as per the instructions.

The manager said that if he had know he would have stopped him before he started. At least it should not happen again as that model will not be sold for that car again from their shop.

First thing i did was go to Audi for a quote.

320 for an Audi towbar
    390 for the fitting

225 for the bumper
    500+ for the bumper painted
    2004 Audi A4 Avant, 1.8T 190 bhp, S-Line, Altlas Gray, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Phatnoise in the glove box, crome mirrors, cruise control, MIJ Performace 3 1/2" Exhaust and a detachable towbar!!

5th Gear

Status
    Man - u showed some restraint there! I would have gone off the handle at the fella, but give him his dues - he has been pretty good about it!

What a shocker.

1st Gear

Status
    Name and shame! These guys shouldn't be let loose on anybodys' pride and joy! Hope you get it sorted! Numpties!

4th Gear

Status
    feck man- at least he gonna sort it all out for u

Status
    It took alot of restraint but the manager was good to be fair. If the manager had said there you go see ya, it would have been a very different story.

1st Gear

Status
    Thats shocking! I feel for ya!
    You shouldn't need the whole bumper replaced as the lower part or even the black piece that curves either side of the exhausts can be replaced. The Audi prices are a bit inflated!
    Last edited by zeratul; 25th April 2008 at 11:48.

1st Gear

Status
    I would have burst a blood vessel............. and then his knackers!!! How on earth can a so-called professional think that cutting great big holes in someones pride and joy, be it a Ford Focus or a "prestige" car like an Audi, be acceptable?

Name and shame mate because I am in the market for a tow bar fitted on my Avant and I sure as hell better not get that **** happen to mine!

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.

4th Gear

Status
    jesus wept, a servere bout of nausea followed by a hulk like fit of rage would av been on the cards if that was mine
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a towbar with a very minimal cut. Cant remember make but its detachable and starts with F!!!!. I also have the votex kit. If you want to see if, PM me ur mobile and i'll send you a pic!!!

V6

Status
    Iv had an Bosal Tow Bar Swan Towbar fitted just an small cut but you cant see it i had it fitted by towequipe

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    That takes the Nut!
    Like you said though, the manager was on your side so its a diff story, Surely you thrown out a 30 second F*cka F*ckin F*ck F*ck fit?? I wouldnt have been able to contain myself.

Nice bill for them then eh...

Status
    Thanks for the comments, i will not name and shame them unless it does not get sorted ASAP as the manager has been good so far.

All i can say at the moment is i am glad it was fitted at a large company as at least there is more chance of them sorting it and writing the cost off, well fingers crossed (and toes).

If anyone is getting a detachable swan neck towbar make sure you stay away from the Brink 440450 which is the one i have at present. Even says on the website non-visible cut???????????????????????????

So far i have found two that should have been fitted a PCT one and a Westfillia which is the OEM one (so i have been told anyway) both require a cut but only to the underside and i have looked at the fitting instructions to make sure.

Just have to wait till Monday now as the manager is off till then and he wants Brink to take some of the blame, his words not mine "this is unacceptable"

Oh at least the exhaust looks good in the pictures and i kept the massive rant and blue words till i got home.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    I'd have been well naffed-off, the cnut didn't even bother to smooth-off the rough edges!!! Looks like he used a steak knife too.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Ouch! I would have gone ballistic

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    But at least its a part that can easily be replaced (albeit at the towbar fitters costs), and at least its not like they damaged a metal panel on the car which would have a nice big dent perhaps that would then need full on repairing.

I do have to say though........ f***** fitter hasn't even rounded off the corners where he has cut. If one of my fitters or me would have left the car like that I would have the fitter sacked !!!

Depending on how the bar has been fitted (Whether it uses original bolting points or not) I would be getting the company to remove the towbar FULLY and have them supply and fit a new rear bumper skin PLUS make sure that you are re-imbursed with a courtesy car etc.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adcooper View Post
    I looked at the box it came from and it comes with the templates to cut the bumper so the fitter just fitted it as per the instructions.

The manager said that if he had know he would have stopped him before he started. At least it should not happen again as that model will not be sold for that car again from their shop.

First thing i did was go to Audi for a quote.

320 for an Audi towbar
    390 for the fitting

225 for the bumper
    500+ for the bumper painted
    First I have to say I'm gutted for you.

I had to show this to my colleagues it was that bad. I've been in the trade for over 20 years and haven't seen such utter disregard for a customers car. To think you were PAYING for this!!

FFS the imbecile who vandalised your 13k car should be shot. Probably drives a P reg Mondeo or similar.

As for the cost of the bumper lower, they're about 90 & 15 for the decal IIRC (I Need one after backing over a low wall). 500 to paint is a little OTT too, 150 odd at any decent bodyshop would be nearer.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Utterly dreadful, really feel for you, hope you get it sorted.

Cannot believe what I am seeing!

Status

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bubstar View Post
    First I have to say I'm gutted for you.

I had to show this to my colleagues it was that bad. I've been in the trade for over 20 years and haven't seen such utter disregard for a customers car. To think you were PAYING for this!!

FFS the imbecile who vandalised your 13k car should be shot. Probably drives a P reg Mondeo or similar.

As for the cost of the bumper lower, they're about 90 & 15 for the decal IIRC (I Need one after backing over a low wall). 500 to paint is a little OTT too, 150 odd at any decent bodyshop would be nearer.

BUB

Sorry the 500+ was what the dealer quoted fully supplied painted and fitted

3rd Gear

Status
    Still way over the top.

An insurance approved bodyshop would charge around 300 for this work.
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    You'll probably find that 500 is not a 'wrong' price for Audi though.
    If you say 100 for the bumper, 100 paint and parts, 100 on the labour to paint, and then they'd probably want at least 1.2 - 2 hours to fit (as they are robbing b******s) then its easy to come up with 500

At least two of the local dealerships I know in my area don't even have their own bodyshop, so all they do is drive it down to their local independant 'shop and they do it for them !!!
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

5th Gear

Status
    And when Audi charge 124 p/h........ FFS - I knew i chose the wrong career!!

Status
    I dont mind what they charge as long as the towbar company pay, if not we are going to be having some problems

4th Gear

Status
    That is shocking, did they leave your pride and joy in the hands of the new kid or something, I mean if you had any common sense you would at least question the instructions wouldn't you?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    That is shocking, did they leave your pride and joy in the hands of the new kid or something, I mean if you had any common sense you would at least question the instructions wouldn't you?

You would think so!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thats just made me feel sick, i`m sure if you gave the tools to a blind man he would have done a better job, really feel for you, i would have flipped, hope you get a result soon

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adcooper View Post
    I dont mind what they charge as long as the towbar company pay, if not we are going to be having some problems
    How you getting on with this? Any closer to taking a rusty bread knife to his balls?
    B8 Avant S-Line,
    Lava with 19's and a few toys.

Gone: 2004 A4 1.9TDi Avant, 2003 Golf PD150 GTi, 2002 Golf PD150 GTi, 1999 A3 1.8T, 1983 MK1 Golf GX

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Shhhesh, thats rough !!

I hope she gets sorted for you buddy, as she is an impressive car in the flesh/metal

Status
    The company who make the towbar have accepted the problem and have offered two options

1) Leave it how it is no cost for anything!
    2) New buper fitted pained and the correct towbar refitted same cost

That will be number 2 please then!

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Ha ha, like they honestly would think someone would choose option 1!! Glad there's some light at the end of the tunnel that wont involve your wallet being dented any more.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

1st Gear

Status
    Gutted for you mate.
    I had an audi one fitted on my last A4 and it was just a small cut on the underside of the bumper which you couldn't see unless you ducked down to look for it (GMBH kit).
    I believe Westfalia make all the towbars for Audi, so even if you get one of theirs it will be spot on, only difference is that Westfalias are black instead of silver like the Audi one.

Hope you get this sorted A.S.A.P.
    07 A4 Cab 2.0T FSI S-Line
    06 Suzuki GSXR750 K6

Gone But Not Forgotten:
    04 A4 Tdi Quattro Sport
    03 Golf GTI T

If in doubt go flat out

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had a westfalia on a previous bmw coupe.The westfalia detachable bar usually attaches from below.It is a u-shaped bar. The socket also folds up out of the way. That is an awful job

1st Gear

Status
    Adcooper - all sorted? Let us have an update to hopefully reinstall some faith in the people we trust to work on our pride and joys!

Status
    Bumper has been painted and delivered to the towbar company and towbar is now in booked in to be sorted 19th so fingers crossed!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Fingers crossed indeed!! Keep us all posted. Good luck!

1st Gear

Status
    F&%K !!!

How could someone even think about cutting a bumper like that ! let alone actually going ahead and doing it !

hope you get it sorted with interest!

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    My god you showed serious restraint there, I think I'd be doing time now if that was my car!!!!
    My Avant has a detachable towbar fitted by Audi (it is an ALKO one) and there are no cuts at all on my bumper and the socket is on a hinge that pushes up under the bumper when not in use so you can't see it either.
    I'm not sure how different my bumper is to yours though it's an SE spec.
    You can still get them but Audi are quite difficult to get them from because they now use a different manufacturer.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast