****** Fox - Damaged Car!!!!

J45SON

Reaction score
Have you ever had the feeling that a car just wasn't meant for you?

I have had nothing but problems with my 1.8T Quattro Sport since I got it in December and on Thursday night I was driving past Edinburgh airport, whilst actually doing the speed limit and a massive fox ended up running accross the road and there was no way I could have avoided it and it has caused a lot of damage.

I had it checked out at Audi in Glasgow and not only does it need a full new bumper, all 3 grille's, a new air-con unit but new power steering. I was honestly only doing 40mph and can't believe the damage that it has done.

It was about 21:30 when it happened and I didn't see it until it was in the beam of the NSF light. As it is going to cost so much to repair, I'm going to put it through the insurance which is really ******* me off, but thankfully I have protected NCB, so it shouldn't cost me anymore next year.

Just can't wait to see what the courtesy car I get when it goes in. I have insited that it's something nice, as I sometimes use my car for work and take clients out for lunch etc soa Polo won't do. I remeber about 11 years ago, I hit a dear when I had a company car - what a mess that made!!

Anyone else had a similar situation? I'll post pictures up at some point.

Sorry to her that mate, You really havnt had much look with your car have you.
I know the feeling, I can say that!!

Its says it all in your sig:unsure:

..I remember back in my Uno days and I hit a Pigeon at about 40 and it totally wasted my headlight and grill. Its amazing what damage can be caused.

Chin up Dude, Your luck is due to change....surely:drag:

I came round a corner between Punnetts Town and Dallington nr Battle, 3 badgers xing the road in line, now that was scary, hit the 1 in the middle, new rad, spoiler bumper and belt gear, I was really P****d that I'd killed a badger tho, I love badgers:respekt:

I came round a corner between Punnetts Town and Dallington nr Battle, 3 badgers xing the road in line, now that was scary, hit the 1 in the middle, new rad, spoiler bumper and belt gear, I was really P****d that I'd killed a badger tho, I love badgers:respekt:

:)

Ive only ever killed 1 animal on the road, a wood pidgeon in a woks van years ago! Hit it flush on the bonnet and it exploded! I love animals to death, and did feel bad, but it went out in a blaze of glory!
***** news about yer motor tho mate

I bought a 2004 B6 2.4 Sport Cab in June last year. The first day I drove it to work I hit a cyclist. He just came flying across the road, he had his ipod on and didn’t even notice me until the point of impact. Luckily for him I wasn’t travelling fast and just knocked him off, unlucky for me his peddle put a nice deep gouge in my bumper L. His response was “I come down here every day and there’s never any cars!” He was of no fixed abode so no chance of him paying for the damage. L I decided to hold off on the repair as after factory paint never seems to be as good and factory finish and chips easily.

November, driving home from work I did the classic, bumped into someone at a roundabout where they pulled out then hit the brakes. 11 years no claim bonus L. The car needed a new bumper front grill, lower grill, air con condenser and after it was dismantled a radiator L £350 excess. Luckily I only lost two years of my no claims bonus and got a new bumper for no peddle gouge.

I got the car back just before Christmas where it sat on the drive for most of the Holidays. It needed new tyres so I had 4 new Continentals put on £600 L. The man who fitted them noticed that one of the wheels was buckled and had to add loads of weights to get it to balance. Grrr so much for multipoint checks, the car had been back to the dealer twice already for obvious faults one of which was missing number plate lights! I had taken the car back one week after buying it as the wheel balancing was way off, and it looks like all they did was swapped it with the rear wheel so I wouldn’t feel it as bad L.

So I was going to phone the dealer the next day and demand a new wheel. However on the way to work in the fast lane of a duel carriageway a Christmas tree appears in the middle of the road, I swerved to avoid it but it hits the front of the car (must have fallen off of the back of a lorry or van The car required another new bumper, new bonnet Headlight, front grill L another £350 excess and 2 years off of my no claims. And how could I blame the dealer for the buckled wheel now the front was all damaged. L

I loved that car but decided it had to go L Dealer offered 6K less that I paid for it 6 months before!

I now have a B7 Special Edition Cab and love it to bits!!

Just had the quote in for repair from Glasgow Audi..

Parts / Pane
ls Requiring Renewal:

Front Bumper Spoiler​

Front Bumper

Power Steering Hose​

CONDENSER
R.F Fo
G LAMP CPL
L
.F FOG LAMP CPL
L
.F AIR GUIDE GRILLE
R.F AIR
GUIDE GRILLE
CTR AIR
GUIDE GRILLE

Associated Wor
k Required

C​
HECK FRT LOCK CARRIER
Check & Quality Control

Parts / Pane​
ls Requiring Painting

FRONT BUM​
PER NEW PART PAINT K1R
FRONT BUM
PER SPOILERNEW PART PAINT K1R

L​
/F WING SURFACE PAINT
R/F WIN
G SURFACE PAINT
Mac
HINE POLISH .

Additiona​
l Items

AIR CONDITIONING​

E.​
P.A CHARGE

Cost Summary​

A
LL PRICES EXCLUDE VAT

L​
abour: £246.40 Paint Materials: £121.41

P​
arts: £716.65 Additional Items: £98.00

Tota
l Excl VAT £1,182.46

V​
AT @ 17.5 % £206.93
Tota
l Incl VAT £1,389.39

wow, can't believe it all from a fox!!

here's the pic of the bumper....

damagedfrontbumber.jpg

Whats up with that, apart from needing the grills???

the problem is audi don't supply the grilles anymore and if you were to look closely at the bumper, just around where the plate is, you can see the hair-line fractures on the bumper. also from certain angles, you can see a slight ripple in the bumper itself. i know it's not too bad, but when i accidently scrathed one of my new alloys, i didn't want it repaird so i bought a new one and that other one, once repaired will be a spare.