Finally provoked my TC to come on

dan_b

Reaction score
Website
www.vasarisingers.org
Spent the last few days driving more and more agressively just to see if I could provoke my TC in my v6 quattro to actually start flashing at me (how irresponsible I know, but there you go) as I've been convinced that with a big heavy car and quattro, plus the less harsh torque delivery of the v6 compared to turbo cars it was a waste of electronics. Well I managed it tonight on a 2nd gear left hander which I confess I went into rather enthusiastically and with a full use of the right foot on the carpet. Sure enough, at last, the TC came on as I understeered toward the apex on the turn in! At least I know it works, right?!

I'll get my coat...

My light has only come on in the dry once - and to be honest if it never comes again in the dry again I will be happy:sob: Often comes on in the wet - especially on roundabouts :laugh:

Had my 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport Avant for over a year now, and have never had the TC light come on, but then I don't drive my car very hard anyways.......

Had my 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport Avant for over a year now, and have never had the TC light come on, but then I don't drive my car very hard anyways.......

The quattro gives you so much grip its hard to provoke it, much easier in a fwd A4!

:o.k:Nothing wrong with checking to see if your little lights work mate!!

All depends on how you drive, and your abilities to handle the car...

Have tried to perfect 4WD drifts over the Xmas period, which let me tell you can be a) VERY scarey, b) rather expensive if gotten wrong and c) a real hoot when it comes off.

Whatever rocks your boat though, eh ?

I made the mistake by doing a little slide round the roundabout, I never switch mine off anymore. Scared the **** out of me. Nice to know the difference though and it works. What would we do without TC eh..:blink:

TC spends it's life off on mine when ona spirited drive. Mundane driving to work etc it's on...

Slides are fun!

Chas