Air-Con Failure...

rwest

rwest
Reaction score
This may be of interest to some of you. It's not a question, or a complete answer but anyway...

Returned from France and my Air-con went to E-con mode on the way back from the airport. Apparently the compressor has corroded and taken out all of the other parts (refrigerator de-humidifier etc) as well.

Audi dealer has put the total cost of replacement at £2,200. Also, the ECU light has come on. The garage reckoned it was unrelated but I can't believe that it's a coincidence as the car was making a weird noise after the air con failure and it is normally smooth and quiet.

It's going in on tuesday so will let you all know in case it's of any use to anyone else on here. One good thing though: Audi UK has contributed £500 towards the cost and the garage has said they will lower their labour rate to £70. (I know independents are cheaper but I've always kept mine in the Audi network.)

Feel rather unlucky as the car has been utterly faultless until now despite being 5 and a half years old and 80,000 miles. Will keep it for a while now I think to get my money's worth out of the repairs!!

I'd like to know how it can take out the rest of the equipment mate. I dont believe they are telling the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

You got vag-com?