Picked her up today!

AudiSport

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just picked up my new motor today, and I'm very very please with it! It's an (02) 1.8T Sport. Full service history with 81k miles on the clock - and in my favourite colour too (Dolphin Grey)! There are a few things I want to get done like colour-code the lowers, get myself a boot spoiler and maybe some nice door blades... Eeek - it's a slippery slope?!

CIMG0279.jpg

I purchased the car from an RAC garage out in Bristol, however, as with all second had cars I have noticed a couple of things that need sorting and could do with some input before the garage gets a call in the morning!

The Audi concert stereo plays CD's fine, however you can not get any reception on the radio. The previous owner has all the usual radio stations programmed in however you can't pick anything up?
Also - Eeeer, what is missing from under my bonnet - it looks like something used to go here? Sorry photos are rubbish!

CIMG0276.jpg

CIMG0275.jpg

Nice colour, Whats the plans then...??

oh and there is a plastic cover missing, nice place to hide your "hid Upgrade" ballast..:eyebrows:

Looks like there is a few fresh bits under there, Nice and clean, maybe they forgot to put it back!
Easily obtained from dealers, Bet it will be cheap aswell...

plastic cover, is that it.. ? Cool!

I'm SO excited, it's SO nice to drive. I used to have a 2.0L one of these a year or so ago in denim blue and have missed it ever since I bought it. Although I was never really a fan of the denim colour and the engine was very slow so I promised myself a 1.8T model in a better colour - so I'm over the moon with the Dolphin Grey. I really wanted a little less mileage and the chrome kit round the windows but went for this car as although the mileage is a little higher than I wanted at 81,000 it is average for the year and with full service history and an RAC warranty it made sense.

As for plans, well I really want to colour code the lowers and add some door blades - I just love the way they look on the S4's. As for the engine.. I'm no expert, although I would like to increase the power a little. I have just sold my 2001 A3 Quattro 180 and feel the difference!

Whats all this N75 Valve stuff? Did I get that right.. Then maybe a remap?

Congrats on new car mate, looks mint and great colour. By the way is it the 190 or 163 model - just a little confused as you mentioned sport

Congrats on new car mate, looks mint and great colour. By the way is it the 190 or 163 model - just a little confused as you mentioned sport

It's just the 163 model. I guess the 190bhp came with quattro models! Thanks for your kind remarks, I will get some better pictures up next weekend after I give it a good clean - you know how it is, the car never feels yours untill you've given it a good clean and put all your stuff in the glovebox etc..

My 190 Sport is a late 53 plate, came with the full s-line kit, 17inch wheels etc

Audisport - yep, Know exactly what you saying mate!!

Love that colour, I am currently saving for a B6, driving a B5 at the mo

Love that colour, I am currently saving for a B6, driving a B5 at the mo

Your Signature is very true I must say,ha!!

So what are we getting then BongWater?and when you reckon you'll be joining us???

My dads got a B5 and im trying to get him to upgrade to the B6..

Also - Eeeer, what is missing from under my bonnet - it looks like something used to go here?
CIMG0276.jpg

Nice car there :thumbsup:

But just to put your mind at rest there isn't a cover missing at all. That's how 1.8T's come from the factory.

You can buy the RS4 cover which will cover the whole left hand side of the engine bay. They're about a tenner.

IMG_1297_Large.sized.jpg

Not a great pic but you get the idea.

BUB

There is a Little Cover missing because I have one, so does my mate and so does the Guy round the corner, its not the RS4 cover im on about, Its a small one....ill get the pic....

Nice work, thanks. I'll live without the cover!

Noticed tonight that the engine is quite tappety, plus a little noise from something else vibrating at certain revs.. Going to pop by my local Audi main dealer and get it checked out (being the worryer that I am) first thing in the morning. I hope it's just a case of noisy hydraulic tappets and not something more major like the cam-chain adjuster... Or the RAC garage I bought the car from is going to get a phone call!

You doing the right thing though, best to be safe than sorry, I learnt that when i first got mine.
Keep us posted:salute:

I wonder what the chances are of my Audi main dealer having a quick look for me when I turn up on their door step at 8am tomorrow morning.. I bet I get the "you'll have to book it in with us next week".

Sure does, I've never seen one of those before. They must've dropped it on the '04 model year like the scuttle panel cover.

BUB :think:

Some of them had covers like this & some didnt, my 3.0 had the RS4 style one which covered the whole right hand side of the engine bay. I think it was as much down to how tankerds of strong continental lager the Audi build line workers had the night before, and if they remembered to fit one!!

Your Signature is very true I must say,ha!!

So what are we getting then BongWater?and when you reckon you'll be joining us???

My dads got a B5 and im trying to get him to upgrade to the B6..

Haha, yeah it graces my signature on all car forums I frequent!

Well, I am saving for my hols at the mo and I am really supposed to be saving to get myself on the property ladder with a one bedroomed flat but as you probably know the whole thing is up in the air and probably not wise to buy at the mo and thats if you are lucky enough to be in a position to be offered a mortage. I always liked the B6 shaped A4 its my fave shape, I am about to create a thread asking for more info on what I want so I can see how much I will need to get together in case I decide to bin the flat idea for now! :faint:

Cheers

Bubstar, where did you get the rs4 cover from??