Got my replacement for the Audi today.....

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Here's what I picked up today to replace my Audi...........

Roadster1.jpg

Roadster2.jpg

media2.jpg

She's a '53 plate Smart Roadster Coupe, which is rear engined & rear wheel drive powered by a cracking Merc built 3 cylinder 80bhp turbo'd engine with a 6-speed sequential semi-auto gearbox. 80bhp may not sound a lot but then it weighs under 900kg so darn good power to weight ratio. This little beast has a hard top targa-style removable roof, F1 style paddle shifters on the steering wheel, heated leather seats, cruise control, aircon, rain sensitive auto wipers, auto headlights, leccy windows, ABS, traction control, trip computer, plus some other stuff. Saw the original bill too, £17k this little baby cost, no wonder they stopped production after only 3 years cos they were darn expensive for a little car that only can seat 2 people and carry 2 bags of shopping at a push!! She's a nippy little ****** but i'll be getting a remap & exhaust on pretty soon which whacks power up to 100bhp'ish easily enough and will make her even nippier! The handling though is the big thing, its like a go kart, the steering is so precise and with 205 width Bridgstones on each corner it just sticks to the road, probably better than my quattro did!

Needless to say I love it to pieces already which makes up for having to sell my Audi, i'll be back to Audi ownership in the future but might just have to keep the Roadster as well!!

The are wicked 'little' cars ! Its just a shame they fitted such ***** wheels !!! I see there are plenty of people who do 3 stud bug adaptors and fit proper merc wheels.

There is a couple of normal Smarts around here running aftermarket exhausts and dump valves !!

These guys, if you didn't know are very well respected Smart tuners etc :
http://www.smartsrus.com/

As for the power, well my 700kg Polo Coupe is just waiting for its 100BHP 1.3GT engine to be fitted !!!! Old SKOOL !!! :)

Andy

Hope you enjoy

lol, thats looks like one Fun Car!
Gets in all the nuts and crannys..Whats top speed on one of these??

lol, thats looks like one Fun Car!
Gets in all the nuts and crannys..Whats top speed on one of these??

Its an awesome drive, thought i'd have a giggle yesteday hitting a roundabout & dropped it to 1st, yanked the steering wheel & did a perfect power slide round it!! Top speed wise its meant to do 110mph in standard form, with the remap & exhaust lifting power to 100-105bhp it'll increase a little but its not all about flat out speed for me, got the motorbike for that!!

haha, sounds wicked!!

I was just curious as to what these little machines do, imagine being stalked by one in the fast lane,lol!!!

I want a go in one now!!!

haha, sounds wicked!!

I was just curious as to what these little machines do, imagine being stalked by one in the fast lane,lol!!!

I want a go in one now!!!

Dont think you'd be stalked by one on a motorway but if you met one on a twisty road you'd never lose it! If you were near me (hampshire) i'd offer you a blast in one, but have a nose on autotrader for a local one & go have a burn for a giggle!! Dont want to talk you out of your big turbo upgrade plans of course!!!!!!

haha, everytime I look at the little Bleeder it brings a smile to my face.
Not a bad idea though, just to see what one would be like.

Bonerp - I wasnt taking the **** when I said Haha, I meant it does sound wicked, the car that is!! or is that what you meant,lol...

haha i bet it must drive like the tiger cat I built - short low chassis as light as a feather and flickable as anything! Fast powerful engines aren't the name of the game in cars like this - not for me anyway!

Does it run on mains or battery power - only kidding looks a bag of fun

2 stroke maybe ;)

Nah, it needs super unleaded according to the manual! Getting to grips with it a little on my journeys to work in the morning, doing little power slides around mini-rounabouts is becoming addictive & could be expensive if I have to slap a new pair of bridgestones on the back frequently!! Needs a new stereo set up though as the standard is crap when your moving along & turn up the volume, got my eyes on a spanky new Pioneer bluetooth enables cd headunit, speakers & mini-active sub behind the passenger seat, then a remap & quad exit exhaust, and some silver trim bits, and.....................might end up getting carried away with the modding bug here!!