How to de-babge

Slinger

Reaction score
I want to take the badges off the rear of my Avant as I dont like clutter and needless "advertising", I know my car is a A4 1.9Tdi blah blah but it doesnt need to be plastered all over it. Anyway, what is the best and least messy way to get rid of them? I read somewhere about using dental floss to cut the badge off and then using something to remove the remaining adhesive, is this a safe way to do it?

thanks.

I used dental floss to remove mine, but it makes it far easier if you use a hair dryer to warm the badges for a minute or so first. Then just use something like AutoGlym intensive tar remover to remove the residue.
:salute:

Yep dental floss will do, fishing line even better as its a bit stronger, as above warm badges first, if you have no tar remover use white spirit, works better IMHO. Make sure you give the tailgate a damn good polish afterwards as a shadow of the badges that once were will be visible.:icon_thumright:

I used a kettle full of boiling water to warm it up then fishing line.Cleaned it up after with some petrol:wacko:then gave it a good wax.