JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: How to de-babge

1st Gear

Status

How to de-babge

I want to take the badges off the rear of my Avant as I dont like clutter and needless "advertising", I know my car is a A4 1.9Tdi blah blah but it doesnt need to be plastered all over it. Anyway, what is the best and least messy way to get rid of them? I read somewhere about using dental floss to cut the badge off and then using something to remove the remaining adhesive, is this a safe way to do it?

thanks.

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I used dental floss to remove mine, but it makes it far easier if you use a hair dryer to warm the badges for a minute or so first. Then just use something like AutoGlym intensive tar remover to remove the residue.

4th Gear

Status
    exactly what i done

4th Gear

Status
    Me too

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Yep dental floss will do, fishing line even better as its a bit stronger, as above warm badges first, if you have no tar remover use white spirit, works better IMHO. Make sure you give the tailgate a damn good polish afterwards as a shadow of the badges that once were will be visible.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

6th Gear

Status
    I used a kettle full of boiling water to warm it up then fishing line.Cleaned it up after with some petrolthen gave it a good wax.