Replacement Rear Shocks required

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi All...
Just had my 2003 Audi A4 AQvant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport serviced by my local Audi dealer ......and they have informed me that one of my rear shock absorbers is weeping oil.
So, what do you guys think I should do - The Audi dealer has offered to replace both shocks with standard Audi shockers - whatever they are - and have said that they will do the job for £150.(about a 50% reduction).
I am 2 days out of warranty so I may be able to get something more out of Audi....
Question is do I stick with standard Audi Sport shockers, or do I look for something else - am NOT looking to lower the car or change springs......although I do have an RS4 Anti Roll Bar fitted.

Your advice would be appreciated.....by the way Vagparts cannot match the price of new shocks that audi dealer will charge.

Lastly is it an easy job to change the rear shocks anyways ?

Cheers..

Lastly is it an easy job to change the rear shocks anyways ?
Cheers..

Very simple job, 2x 13mm bolts at the top, a 21mm nut & bolt at the bottom. Swap the top mount over and back together. You could do the whole job in less than an hour kerbside.

I would go with Audi's offer TBH, they've lasted well, will match the fronts and at least you'll get a 2 year warranty on the new ones :thumbsup:

However, £150 at the dealer to supply and fit both shocks seems a good price. If you are not looking to change the suspension then go straight back to Audi !

And as Bubstar says - parts will be covered with a 2 year warranty

I have asked Audi if they will swap under warranty (cos the car was booked in before the warranty run out).....but cos my child became ill at Childminders I had to cancel the service two weeks ago, and rebook it....problem was that the new service date (earliest the dealer could do) was 2 days after warranty run out ...hmmmmm...

Anyways its booked in at Audi for shockers change.....for some weird reason Audi rear Shock absorbers are cheaper at the main dealers than anywhere else I have found....

Just proves the point - Always try the dealer first.

BUB