rear bumper/ Vortex/ GMBH

afoursline

Reaction score
hi just bought an A4 sport with S line styling. The rear bumper lets the car down as it doesn't show the exhausts. It's the bumper with the horizontal black strip at the bottom. I fancy the Vortex or GMBH bumper.

1. Other than Audi who sells the bumpers? I've looked on ebay and all I can see are the over the top skally kits.

2. I fancy the twin exhaust conversion but the only one I've seen is the Milltek. I don't believe the performance gains if any justify the £700 price. Are there any cheaper alternatives which people have had fitted on here and do they improve power?

Thanks in advance

Hi, you can change the bottom diffuser so it has the Exhaust cut outs and from what people on here have found, its not as expensive as it sounds! Might be worth asking your dealer, wont hurt.

Exhaust - I had a Powerflow Fitted (cat back) for £350, you get a choice of diff Tips to. There is planty of places doing Custom exhausts.

Where you from??

Thanks - I'm in Manchester. I agree, I think the Vortex rear diff option will be cheapest. Your Red A4 looks awesome.

Thanks!!!

The Votex Rear wont fit on the S Line bumper im afraid and getting a full votex rear bumper wont match the rest of the S line Kit so you want something like this....
Underneath_Exhaust.jpg

Is that something you like?

Is it defo a S line Bumper on yours and not just the standard??
because if it is then the votex will fit over the Black Piece!!!

tell you what, post a pic of your motor mate.

Here's how it looks at the moment so not sure what my options are with this model. I like Chris's votex- thanks for the links. So the consensus is go to Audi and get a Votex for £200 and get a bodyshop to paint and fit? A custom Exhaust for £300 makes the whole job £600 or am I incorrect?

a4bumper001.jpg

Here's how it looks at the moment so not sure what my options are with this model. I like Chris's votex- thanks for the links. So the consensus is go to Audi and get a Votex for £200 and get a bodyshop to paint and fit? A custom Exhaust for £300 makes the whole job £600 or am I incorrect?

a4bumper001.jpg

Nice colour!

IMO if you just get the Votex rear and keep the Sline sides and front, it'll look crap mate. Unless you change to the whole Votex bodykit then id be getting the S line rear section with the cut outs!

The votex has a Beefier look and would look out of proportion but hey its your motor mate, its what you want that counts.

You could take yours off and ebay it, you'll sell it no probs, least then you'll have something towards the new one.

Dont think ive ever seen a votex with sline front and sides (door blades) but just picturing it would look wrong..

You'll noitce there aint much to paint on the sline rear section so it should be pretty cheap. Im sure someone on here got the rear for £100 from the dealers, going to see if I can trace the thread for you.

a4bumper001.jpg

FYI this is the Quattro GmbH factory body kit. The best option would be to buy the 1.8T/3.0 twin tailpipe one and get a custom back box set up.

BUB :thumbsup:

a4bumper001.jpg

Why don't you post the back of your car again? I missed the first three times.

BUB :jester:

I though the GMBH was the one J7USS has?! I think the Votex or GMBH would look good - infact anything would be better than the way it looks at the mo! Photo Bucket wouldn't upload the rear quarter shot hence the duplicated rear shot. So £600 is the cheapest option for bimper and exhaust?

Will the 1.8T and 3.0 exhausts be ok for a 1.9tdi diesel?? :wacko:

I though the GMBH was the one J7USS has?! I think the Votex or GMBH would look good - infact anything would be better than the way it looks at the mo! Photo Bucket wouldn't upload the rear quarter shot hence the duplicated rear shot. So £600 is the cheapest option for bimper and exhaust?

Mine is the rieger kit from Germany.
So the pic I posted of the rear S Line with the exhaust, dont you like it???

I reckon you will be looking at around the £600 mark with the exhaust too.
might swing either way though.

The exhaust looks the business as the tailpipes are large without being OTT but the bumper lets it down IMO. The tail pipes right at the bottom and the holes for the exhaust's cut into the black strip don't look great. In fact I think it's the black strip which I don't like at all. Sholld just be fully colour coded. It's the same bumper on the S3 which looks cheap IMO. How does your Reiger rear bumper differ from the GMBH. I've had an A4 in the past with GMBH and it looks just like the rear of yours.

I give up explaining the difference between the Quattro GmbH bumper and the Audi Accessories Votex one....................

BUB ;)

It was Audi who gave the wrong info then when I bought my A4 Quattro Sport a few years ago. It had a rear bumper just like J7USS's and now I'm informed the one I currently have is the GMBH hence the confusion!

It was Audi who gave the wrong info then when I bought my A4 Quattro Sport a few years ago. It had a rear bumper just like J7USS's and now I'm informed the one I currently have is the GMBH hence the confusion!

Yeah audi told you wrong mate.
Mines a Reiger kit, Bubs & Yours is the S line and chris's is the votex.

So would you be happy with the Votex rear with the S line front/sides??
Give it a go and see what you think but ill put money on it you wont like it, its either the Sline or votex!!

You could take off the front/sides and sell then get the rest of the Votex.
...but its your ride and its up to you aint it.

The votex on the rear will look daft from the side, serious!

Just out of interest, what colour was your old audi with the same bumper as mine? was it like a gold colour??

It didn't have J7USS's bumper as standard from the factory - Audi did not do a bumper on the B6 A4's that have hte exhausts coming out with bumper below them.

On the Quattro GMbH kit (as per Bubs car) (Also known as the SLine kit), the black bit is just plastic with body coloured paint underneath. At least it was on mine. I peeled it off, cleaned the glue and now the whole thing is red.

Chaz

Yeah audi told you wrong mate.
Mines a Reiger kit, Bubs & Yours is the S line and chris's is the votex.

Worth mentioning the differences are that yours being a diesel has hidden tail pipes, hence why get a 1.8 or 3.0 petrol bumper (cut outs on both sides like Bubs bumper), then you can get a custom exhaust with tips in the holes.

Chaz

Hey chaz, gis a look then, that sounds alright!

Hey chaz, gis a look then, that sounds alright!

Got no pics! And the car is FILTHY!! Will try and get some at the weekend. I didn't really mean to do it, but the corner was coming away, so thought what the hell!

Chaz

I prefer the Votex as I don't like the black plastic trim - It should be colour coded IMO. So Chadsbury: You're saying the black strip can be peeled back and it's the colour of the car underneath??

I'l post some pics of my old A4 tomorrow - it had sweeet 18" OZ Canyon rims on too.

I prefer the Votex as I don't like the black plastic trim - It should be colour coded IMO. So Chadsbury: You're saying the black strip can be peeled back and it's the colour of the car underneath??

It's made to look like the mesh of a B5 RS4, it's just a decal and can be removed. Take a look at your car :thumbsup:

Yes, it can. And if you ever want to put the strip back on, is £12 from a dealer.

Chas