Custom Code Questions?

s-line stu

Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the phase 1 custom code map for my 04 s-line 190.

Seems to be rated by the guys on this forum and I want the car to remain smooth which is why I am thinking of CC and it is on offer at the moment (at least I hope it still is).

Anyway just had a couple of questions before I take the plunge. I emailed Midland VW via custom codes website weeks ago but never got a reply so here goes:

1. Do you need to run the car on 98 ron petrol or is 95 still ok?

2. Fuel economy - better, worse or about the same? (I had a mapped Golf that was actually slightly better on fuel despite the extra power).

And finally has anyone had any experience of Midland VW - are they any good as they're not too far from where I live?

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance,

Stu

Hey stu - Dont run your Motor on 95, treat it to some Vpower/Bp ultimate!!!
When I had to run mine on 95 (due to no Vpower at last minute) it ran like a Bag of *****, sounded rough too + Noticed lack of Umph.

I dont know much about the cc but you'll be getting some responses here.
Im in the midlands but never heard of them, where abouts are they??Just for future reference.

:icon_thumright:

Heard good things about Custom Code, a lot of the Golf guys use that mapping.

Fuel economy was better on my Octy vRS after a remap. So as I haven't had my cabriolet done yet (waiting on intercooler and silicone hoses to arrive) I can only assume this will be the same

Andy

If you get it done let us know the results as i have the same motor and am interested what the difference from standard would be. Stage 1 pushes it to 230ish bhp does'nt it?:blackrs4:

To answer gaz J's question the car runs just like standard until you give it some gas then you really feel the difference, pulls really strongly in 5th & 6th. On day to day driving fuel economy is about the same - had an average of 37 today on a 50 mile A road trip. Get about 28 around town. Obviously if you gun it everywhere it will be more thirsty. Would recommend Miidland VW if you think of having it done.

Not sure what power really. They quote around 220bhp but the torque is more around 240 ish I think, which is what makes it pick up so well without changing down.
The main reason for using Custom Code is how smooth it is to drive.