Goodbye TT, Hello S4

Scotty

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Saturday marked the day the everything came together and I got my new car.

It's a Oct' 03 car with only 5.5K on the clock. The previous owner was a friend and holds the RoSPA Diploma for Advanced Driving Instruction so I have no worried about the previous miles.

It's already been to AMD and taken to Stage 3 (Chip, Milltek, Sports Cats) and now delivers approx 400bhp and 375lb/ft(508N/M) of torque /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There's a few pics HERE

And here's one for those too lazy to click on the above link.
32045619-444b-02000180-.jpg

I'm so happy with the car that I'm not even worried about the fuel consumption anymore.

Happy Easter? You bet!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Nice, very nice & I do like that red. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Scotty thats real nice, I love the colour DIS.

I can't wait till i'm old enough to afford one of those, What age do you reckon they start insuring you on stuff like that. 30?

Dave

I'm not sure I understand the insurance. My modified TT was £200 more than the modified S4!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
I'm having to be careful as the car is so smooth and easy revving it's very easy to hit the limiter!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean there, lots of speed for very few rev's and noise hence the Milltek going on mine!

and the fuel guage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

No.

I've given up on that already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

scoTTy - I am thinking of the same upgrade - is there an option to use the old Audi pipes or some single ones fr Milltek? I am trying to keep it discrete...

Cd you describe yr feelings re the upgrade?

Fascinated by all yr news - wonderful looking car.

I worked out my costs including fuel, etc, etc Given I only do about 8-10k miles a year we're not talking thousands of £s over my TT.

When I said I'd given up on the fuel guage I guess what I meant was it's not something that bothers me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm totally with you there in that the mpg doesn't worry me too much but I'd love it if the tank was bigger. I have to fill up at least once a week and this will only go up if I ever decide to stop fannying around and go to AMD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Man, I feel bad complaining about $2.35 a gallon here in the states. My '05 A4 has averaged 25mpg since I got it 2 weeks ago. MY old '99 only gor 19mpg with the 150hp engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Anyway, your car looks sweet! I really like the S4 in red too! You should be really proud because you will be the envy of all of those snotty bimmer owners!

Cheers mate!
Since I posted this I've done a load of miles. It's now at 13.5k and it running sweeter than ever. The mpg is up to an average of 19mpg and it's starting to feel free'er.

With regards BMW owners, two of my mate have 3 series - a 328auto and a 325 manual. They are both losing the BMW loyalty and are thinking of moving to, in their words, a more classy Audi.

I was out with them last night and even they don't like the image associated with being an M3 owner!!