Broke Glove box today

pav-g

Reaction score
These things are so fragile. How much does a replacement one cost anybody... and how hard easy are they to fit :uhm:

5 screws 3 along the top, two on each side of the bottom of the glove box, it then just slides out, keep an eye on E-bay they come up all the time. 20 mins max to change.

Thanks niknak Ive had a rummage on ebay but nothing suitable - by the way why did I expect you to look like your signature pic...

I have one spare, it's black, but it's the basic one (eg. not the one with a space for cd changer). You'd have to use the handle from your current glovebox, it's one screw holding it in.

You can have it for £30, but I have no idea what postage would be. Probably something around £10-15 I guess. Unless you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff and then you're welcome to collect it.

I can take a photo of it tomorrow evening if that would help.

Rich

Still havnt found one myself, just cant get my colour.
What part did you break Pav??

Hi J7USS, it broke from the left hinge, I just closed it and havnt touched it since.

Hi yes, would appreciate a pic. Im sure mines black but not sure. Just goes to show how much attention I pay to the interior.

Hi J7USS, it broke from the left hinge, I just closed it and havnt touched it since.

Yeah the common place then, Shittin Audi..
They should have a fix for this ball ache

I use mine still but have to hold it left side whilst lowering it. Hope the other side dont snap from the strain.

Doing my head in, seen loads when I didnt need one and looking for somebody else but now cant find any. Might try the Fix method.

Here you go, sorry for the delay, I had to look it out and I wasn't at home. It needs a bit of a dust, but overall it's in good condition:

glovebox1.jpg

glovebox2.jpg

glovebox3.jpg

I've only got it spare because I bought a glovebox with space for a cd changer.

I just fixed mine with some Araldite and a metal strip sprayed black. You need to screw the metal strip to both the door and the glovebox. Did mine 2 years ago and still going strong. Remember to spray some silicone on the damper to keep it lubricated as it's the damper seizing that causes the hinge to break.

I just fixed mine with some Araldite and a metal strip sprayed black. You need to screw the metal strip to both the door and the glovebox. Did mine 2 years ago and still going strong. Remember to spray some silicone on the damper to keep it lubricated as it's the damper seizing that causes the hinge to break.

Ill be having a blast at mine next week, if it works for one then hopefully it'll work for me!

Thanks for confirming whats been on my mind - gonna give it a shot, if it holds then great if not then when I feel like spending some pennies I'll buy a replacement glove box.

Thanks for confirming whats been on my mind - gonna give it a shot, if it holds then great if not then when I feel like spending some pennies I'll buy a replacement glove box.
....and some chrome numberplate surrounds :)

You'd have to get me very very drunk to agree on a set of chrome number plate surrounds - sorry mate but good try though.

I have one spare, it's black, but it's the basic one (eg. not the one with a space for cd changer). You'd have to use the handle from your current glovebox, it's one screw holding it in.

You can have it for £30, but I have no idea what postage would be. Probably something around £10-15 I guess. Unless you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff and then you're welcome to collect it.

I can take a photo of it tomorrow evening if that would help.

Rich

I broke the right hand hinge yesterday!!!:keule:

I woudl be interested in buying this off you, I live in Cardiff and I can pick it up.