Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728

    Broke Glove box today

    These things are so fragile. How much does a replacement one cost anybody... and how hard easy are they to fit

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    5 screws 3 along the top, two on each side of the bottom of the glove box, it then just slides out, keep an eye on E-bay they come up all the time. 20 mins max to change.

  4. #3
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    Thanks niknak Ive had a rummage on ebay but nothing suitable - by the way why did I expect you to look like your signature pic...

  5. #4
    wallacr's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    241
    I have one spare, it's black, but it's the basic one (eg. not the one with a space for cd changer). You'd have to use the handle from your current glovebox, it's one screw holding it in.

    You can have it for 30, but I have no idea what postage would be. Probably something around 10-15 I guess. Unless you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff and then you're welcome to collect it.

    I can take a photo of it tomorrow evening if that would help.

    Rich

  6. #5
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Still havnt found one myself, just cant get my colour.
    What part did you break Pav??

  7. #6
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    Hi J7USS, it broke from the left hinge, I just closed it and havnt touched it since.

  8. #7
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    Hi yes, would appreciate a pic. Im sure mines black but not sure. Just goes to show how much attention I pay to the interior.

  9. #8
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by pav-g View Post
    Hi J7USS, it broke from the left hinge, I just closed it and havnt touched it since.

    Yeah the common place then, ****tin Audi..
    They should have a fix for this ball ache

    I use mine still but have to hold it left side whilst lowering it. Hope the other side dont snap from the strain.

    Doing my head in, seen loads when I didnt need one and looking for somebody else but now cant find any. Might try the Fix method.

  10. #9
    wallacr's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    241
    Here you go, sorry for the delay, I had to look it out and I wasn't at home. It needs a bit of a dust, but overall it's in good condition:







    I've only got it spare because I bought a glovebox with space for a cd changer.

  11. #10
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    I just fixed mine with some Araldite and a metal strip sprayed black. You need to screw the metal strip to both the door and the glovebox. Did mine 2 years ago and still going strong. Remember to spray some silicone on the damper to keep it lubricated as it's the damper seizing that causes the hinge to break.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Swindon Wilts
    Posts
    170
    take the poxy damper off! Mine keeps loosing the pin anyway!!

  13. #12
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    I just fixed mine with some Araldite and a metal strip sprayed black. You need to screw the metal strip to both the door and the glovebox. Did mine 2 years ago and still going strong. Remember to spray some silicone on the damper to keep it lubricated as it's the damper seizing that causes the hinge to break.
    Ill be having a blast at mine next week, if it works for one then hopefully it'll work for me!

  14. #13
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    I just fixed mine with some Araldite and a metal strip sprayed black. You need to screw the metal strip to both the door and the glovebox. Did mine 2 years ago and still going strong. Remember to spray some silicone on the damper to keep it lubricated as it's the damper seizing that causes the hinge to break.
    Thanks for confirming whats been on my mind - gonna give it a shot, if it holds then great if not then when I feel like spending some pennies I'll buy a replacement glove box.

  15. #14
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by pav-g View Post
    Thanks for confirming whats been on my mind - gonna give it a shot, if it holds then great if not then when I feel like spending some pennies I'll buy a replacement glove box.
    ....and some chrome numberplate surrounds

  16. #15
    pav-g's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    728
    You'd have to get me very very drunk to agree on a set of chrome number plate surrounds - sorry mate but good try though.

  17. #16
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Here's a shot of my DIY fix:
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  18. #17
    J7USS's Avatar
    Shuddup Foooool!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LEICESTER
    Posts
    3,671
    Looks nice and secure!

  19. #18
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    ....and some chrome numberplate surrounds


  20. #19
    woffle's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by wallacr View Post
    I have one spare, it's black, but it's the basic one (eg. not the one with a space for cd changer). You'd have to use the handle from your current glovebox, it's one screw holding it in.

    You can have it for 30, but I have no idea what postage would be. Probably something around 10-15 I guess. Unless you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff and then you're welcome to collect it.

    I can take a photo of it tomorrow evening if that would help.

    Rich
    I broke the right hand hinge yesterday!!!

    I woudl be interested in buying this off you, I live in Cardiff and I can pick it up.
    1999 B5 1.8T Sport

  21. #20
    wallacr's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by woffle View Post
    I broke the right hand hinge yesterday!!!

    I woudl be interested in buying this off you, I live in Cardiff and I can pick it up.
    Just sent you a PM

    Rich

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO