Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

1.9 TDI 130 Intercooler

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I have found oil in the pipework system between the intercooler and the inlet of the EGR valve on my 2002 1.9 TDI Avant Quattro. I am asuming that this is not right, but just wondered if there are any ideas as to the reason before I go stripping it down.

ALso would thins cause significant smoking form the exhaust ???

Sorry for all the questions, but any help is appreciated and thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Its normal to find oil in the pipes.

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Yep James is correct, its normal to have oil in pipes, it was only yesterday i stripped mine down to check the egr was not blocked but its fine, barring the film of oil, and its normal to smoke too, its a diesel...
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

1st Gear

Status
    I used to own a diesel alfa 156. It was the 2.4 5 cylinder engine. This had oil in the IC and pipe work - it does some good cleaning these out every year.
    Take off the hoses to/from turbo and inlet and clean these out with something like gunk the wash out well with water and let it stand to dry out, then plug the bottom of the IC, fill with gunk and leave it for 30 mins, the flush out thoroughly with a hose pipe. I used on GF hairdryer to dry it out (wasnt too pleased when it went pop tho!).
    After this it ran much more cleanly with half the smoke.
    Paul