Can anyone confirm...

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
...that B6 S4 Brakes fit mine?? Is it a straight swap or will I require adapters or fitting kit etc??

I know this has probably been asked before but I need Fresh confirmation before I pick them up.

Cheers

They'll bolt straight on, providing you have the carriers. Don't forget you'll need the 345mm S4 discs too :thumbsup:

They really are fantastic brakes on a 1.8t !!!

They'll bolt straight on, providing you have the carriers. Don't forget you'll need the 345mm S4 discs too :thumbsup:

They really are fantastic brakes on a 1.8t !!!

Great stuff, getting a little excited now, been after some for a while now.
Im getting the front and rear Calipers, Discs and pads but im going to get some nice big Grooved Discs with new pads.

When you say Carriers,forgive my weakness when it comes to brakes, but what are the carriers, are they what the Caliper bolts onto??

Going to be fitting mine in the next few weeks too! Exciting times ahead!

Will have to do a little writeup.

The carriers are the metal bits which fit onto the hub to hold the caliper in place.

You'll need splash shields too.

what happened to that big turbo u had planned j?

its still in the pipeline chris, hopefully looking towards April/may time when its decisions decisions and ....decisions!

Im getting the front and rear Calipers, Discs and pads but im going to get some nice big Grooved Discs with new pads.

Where are you getting the grooved discs from and how much,if you dont mind me asking,a mate of mine has been after a set of these.

Do S4 brakes fit with 17" wheels or would I need to go to 18"s?

Standard brakes on our 1.9 TDI 130 are pants.

If I need to increase the wheel size I'm not keen as that's going to push up the cost significantly. Any recommendations for aftermarket replacements? I was thinking maybe doing EBC disks, Greenstuff pads and Goodridge lines.

Thanks
Dave

Where are you getting the grooved discs from and how much,if you dont mind me asking,a mate of mine has been after a set of these.

Ive sourced the rears in Grooved but yet to find Grooved and Dimpled in the Fronts..

How come they are so rare??:think: