Fitting rear Parking Sensors?

zeratul

Reaction score
So... how easy is it to fit genuine Audi rear Parking Sensors on an A4 Cab?

I'm having the rear bumper replaced and thought it would be the best opportunity to fit them. I couldn't find a thread on it for an A4 Cab.

Also - Does the 'Audi rear kit' come with the cutting tool or instructions to where it wires up to?

Not sure about the Audi ones but I had a mercedes with the aftermarket ones fitted. They worked perfectly and are pretty cheap. They connect into the power for the reversing lights so quite clever and relatively easy to fit me thinks. You can get one which is only a beep beep, or you get one with a visual indicator, which was the one I had. I would totally recommend them.

Ive just fitted one to my avant, its an aftermarket strip that sticks to the inside of the bumper and uses RF to sense distance. totally invisible.

not wired it up yet as Im doing towing electrics too at the same time but I had one in my old Alfa and while not perfect was great for slipping into tight spaces.

So... how easy is it to fit genuine Audi rear Parking Sensors on an A4 Cab?

I'm having the rear bumper replaced and thought it would be the best opportunity to fit them. I couldn't find a thread on it for an A4 Cab.

Also - Does the 'Audi rear kit' come with the cutting tool or instructions to where it wires up to?

This tells you how to fit them here, dosent look too hard, just fiddly getting the bumper off. Aparently the positions for the sensors are already marked on the inside of the bumper so you cant end up with wonky mounted sensors!! Wouldnt you be able to get the bodyshop to do the fitting of these whilst they're at it though? You could perhaps just doing the wiring bit inside the boot if needed. Vagparts do the kit for £200 I believe.

Thanks all - From what I can tell its not going to be too hard to wire in then if it connects to the reverse wire etc. I'm kean on getting the Audi ones as I think they would be less bulky as some aftermarket ones i've seen!

Thanks for the instructions Nickynibbles - that'll help I think :) My father owns the bodyshop and in all honesty, although his bodyshop is better than Audi could even be, I wouldn't trust them to drill holes in my bumper!

Vagparts seem to be more expensive than Audi if you include the VAT! Do you think they will be the same as Audi's?

Also - Could the sensors be sprayed while they are fitted or do they need to be done seperate to the bumper?

Im not sure about the Audi ones, but the aftermarket ones come in primer, silver, black, red etc etc so you dont need paint

Vagparts seem to be more expensive than Audi if you include the VAT! Do you think they will be the same as Audi's?

Also - Could the sensors be sprayed while they are fitted or do they need to be done seperate to the bumper?

The vagparts ones are audi OEM so will be identical to what the dealer would give you! Their website price is £210 inc VAT, but it does mention you need another loom part for cabriolet fitment. I always compare dealer to vagparts as sometimes the dealer can be better, but not often!!

I'd imagine you could have the bumper sprayed with the sensors fitted but would worried about the paint cracking around the edges of the sensors as they are only clipped in place so could move slightly. You'd be as well just to have them paint the bumper off the car with the holes drilled, and to paint the sensors while they're at it, then pop the sensors in when its all dry.

Can anyone recommend a decent,cheapish set for me to put on the other half's car?