rs4 sat nav double din

chris a4 128

04 A4 1.8t 190 S-Line
Reaction score
hi everyone. my 04 1.8t sline has a single din concert stereo and the heater controls underneath it then there is a single din empty space at the bottom above the ashtray. im wanting to know if the concert stereo can be replaced with rs4 sat nav screen double din system and wether the heater controls can be moved down to take up the empty space above the ashtray. any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks:think:

You need to replace the single DIN frame with a double DIN version and because that moves the climate control panel down that will need trimming (careful work with a Dremel).

It's been done already by lots of people, so go for it!

It looks straight forward enough to do, i've got a double din cage arriving tomorrow from vagparts costing £28+P&P, just keeping an eye out for a suitable RNS-e unit at the moment, was just planning on getting a plain 2007 spec unit, but come across a 2007 voice activated model for about £70 more than a normal 2007 version, tempting!! I'll be following the instructions on www.audiretrofit.co.uk as they seem to go into good detail in regards to the whole process.

It looks straight forward enough to do, i've got a double din cage arriving tomorrow from vagparts costing £28+P&P, just keeping an eye out for a suitable RNS-e unit at the moment, was just planning on getting a plain 2007 spec unit, but come across a 2007 voice activated model for about £70 more than a normal 2007 version, tempting!! I'll be following the instructions on www.audiretrofit.co.uk as they seem to go into good detail in regards to the whole process.
If you need advice or a hand, I'm in Southampton (I see you're in Hampshire).

If you need advice or a hand, I'm in Southampton (I see you're in Hampshire).

Yeah, im up in Andover so not far from you. Im pretty happy with the whole process, just plan to take my time and try not to lose any screws!! I was looking at an RNS-e unit that has the SDS function like yours, having looked into it though I think i'd need the bluetooth h/free and mfsw to have the necessary buttons & mics to work so ruling it out as I dont have either!