Remap on A4 1.8 turbo

as04ley

Reaction score
Hi there guys i am thinking of getting my 1.8 turbo A4 remapped, i was asking you guys if any one knows the best remap manufacture and best places to get it done?? also what you looking at power wise? dose it add a lot of bhp and toque, allso i have herd people say its better on economy is that true??

I think there is a post on this allready but if people can send me the post or the links for it it would be much appreciated.

hope people can direct me in the correct direction

Thanks ash
:icon_thumright:

Do you know what the current power output of your 1.8T is - there are different versions which will see different gans. Theoretically yes you should see up to a potential 10% increase in economy - unfortunately what often happens is that because you have more power on tap, you drive it harder!!

I personally would only ever take my car for a remap to MRC Tuning in Banbury. Mihnea there knows his onions. You want someone who will do a proper job.

Go for it you won't regret it.

thanks for that dan_b i will shop round for a good place

my car it the 150bhp one not the 163 so will there be a big difference in the power gain??

i drive the car with the peddle to the floor and the fuel goes like mad but i will def look into getting a remap :icon_thumright:

I'm not an expert on the many different iterations of the 1.8T engine, I'm sure others can give more detail there if you're interested. However, according to the MRC website, their remap of the 150bhp 1.8T will see you up to 195BHP @5600rpm, with an even nicer gain in torque from 210NM up to 290NM @2900rpm - useful gains!

They're based in Banbury. www.mrctuning.com

Just for transparency, I have no connection to MRC, but have used them in the past and have had excellent service/ outcomes.

i have recently had mine re-mapped by celtic tuning and the power gain is aparently went from 163bhp to 220bhp. i still have to get it confirmed on the rollers. the initial thoughts are that it is amazing. the mid-range is where i really feel it - 4th & 5th gear.

i would recomend it, but do your homework.

the previous owner had the car chipped and when the re-map was done the 1st time round, the ecu packed in. i have had a new ecu since (costing the garage around £1k) and it doesn't start too well. on the way home tonight the ecu light came on in the dashboard. it doesn't really worry me as it is booked back in to get the start problem looked at, but i am wondering if it worth the hassle.

thanks again dan_b and thanks to j45son as well i will have a good look into it befor getting the remap, but 195 bhp is a lot and 290nm that would make me happy for the time being.

i have a place near me called series 9 and i have herd they are good so i will get it all priced up and then have a look at a amd remap place in derby see what they say.

thanks guys :o.k:

The thing is, anyone can furtle with your ECU and just dial the boost up to get "Big power" claims, but not everybody can do it in a way that maintains all of the car's original ECU safety features, thus retaining reliability. You don't want an engine that goes BANG!