cracked my wing mirror!!

TDI

Reaction score
smacked into a parked car this morning, have nappy brain at the moment due to new baby and no sleep!! have split the casing with a three inch crack, anyone replaced one and how much to replace casing and respray, or do you think it can be filled in and resprayed? the mirror still works fine.....

Thanks

K

May aswell look on Ebay, bet you'll pick one up pretty cheap. Easy to fit aswell!

J7USS said:
May aswell look on Ebay, bet you'll pick one up pretty cheap. Easy to fit aswell!

is it just the two screws underneath to take off or does the whole unit have to come off?

Cheers

Yes 2 screws underneath and then a fidget around pulling, You take your mirror off first which can be quite flimsy but taking your time will see it done in less than 10mins whole job!

Price wise - Ive seen whole units go for less than £20 before,Id say you'll pay no more than £30 for a unit. You dont need it with a Mirror but if you can get one with a mirror then thats a bonus, just incase you shatter yours like I did mine! Heated mirror glass aswell which are more expensive.

I wouldnt pay anymore than £25 to get it sprayed either.Dont go to stealers, source yourself a back street Bodyshop/sprayer.