audi a4 bose surround sound

chris a4 128

04 A4 1.8t 190 S-Line
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i would like some advice. im changing my 2003 audi a4 1.9tdi 130 sport for a 2004 1.8t 190 s-line model. my current 1.9tdi has a bose surround sound system but the 1.8t im buying has not. does anyone know if and how i could get a bose fitted on the 1.8t model and where from. i was very disappointed to find the new car is without one. help would be very much appreciated. :rockwoot:

Yes you can fit BOSE, you will need to change the amp, all the speakers and the Sub and run a few new wires around the car.

Depends wether you buy new or second hand parts and who fits them. If you bought everything from Audi it is going to cost you hundreds of pounds.

Personally I wouldnt do it. I would spend the money on some decent aftermarket kit and you will end up with a sound far superior to the BOSE set up.

Abit off topic but just wanted to know how the 1.8T feels after the TDI?? Ive currently got a tdi and after a 1.8T 190bhp aswell and was wondering if ill miss the massive torque of the tdi.

I can not say what the TDI is like but i have just had a 2004 A4 1.8TQ SL Avant and loving it, you wont be disappointed

hi mate. yeah im afraid thats going to be a problem. i was a little shocked at the change in torque. the tdi really winds up through the gears. i guess i will get used to it. the 1.8t is meant to be quite quicker but it doesnt feel like it. whats with that?:wacko:

mine feels fast against my old 307 HDI136 oh and great no wheel spin. A remap may be on the cards thou ;-)

Oh and i had BOSE in my S3 but not in the A4 and i can not tell a major differance, spend your money on a different setup

Thanks, hopefully i will guess use to it. Also the 1.8T has a much bigger power band.

do you think i should get my new 1.8t re-mapped? will it make a massive diff?

I got my TDI remapped and it made a massive difference.

A remap will take it to about 220bhp and 215lb-ft torque. A remap will be the very first thing i will get done on my car.

yep you should, i will but spent the money on tyres instead but will soon get it done

There is often plenty of sets of A4 saloon / avant complete BOSE set ups on ww.ebay.de

wiring is not too bad if you know what you are doing.

There is also some complete wiring looms coming up for sale on UK ebay which could be butchered to make am 'OE' spec loom.

Looking to add BOSE to my cabriolet, but I've got no problems retro-fitting - its not for the faint hearted though!

im getting great feedback here guys. really appreciate it, any suggestions on a new system set up. i really want to get a good one>? i really like my bass and miss the bose one

Just add a stealth sub, plenty of room in the B6 for a discreet MDF enclosure (if you cut the back off the cubbyhole, and the amp can be hidden on the drivers side where the tupperware sub currently is (once removed). Really transforms the sound, far better improvement than going to all the effort of retro-fitting a BLOSE system. Also make sure you disconnect the ****** centre speaker/squawker for an immediate improvement.
b6AvantStealthSub.jpg

Thats looks really good, was it a big job?

What inch is that sub, and what power?

Can you run an amp off a standard head unit?

I used a 6.5" JL Audio sub, only because I have a regular supply for my A3 stealth subs, you could easily go for an 8 incher which would give you more choice. Having said that the JL unit is incredible for its size.
The JL is rated at 170wrms.
Yes the stock HU has both front & rear pre-outs. The rear pre-outs already feed the stock Audi amp (non Bose), so I used these to feed a 4 channel Alpine V12 amp, bridged for the sub with the other 2 channels feeding the rears. So the only additional wiring was an 8 gauge power cable from the battery. The amp fits on the other side where the stock Audi amp & sub used to be. This is on the B6 Avant, but would assume it's not much different on the saloon.
AvantAmp4ch.jpg