Speed bumps and lowered suspension!

FaisalJ

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member on here...will post some pics of my car soon..2003 S4 B6, just bought 3 weeks ago.

I wanted to know how far members on here have been able to lower their S4/A4's without catching the underside of the car on speed-humps (especially the narrow ones you would normally straddle with wheels either side)???

I'm thinking to go down another 25-30mm further than the sport suspension, on H&R springs (and possibly koni sport dampers). I don't want to be catching the sump as I was on my old Mk4 Golf!

Any advice much appreciated. Before anyone flames me for not searching, i've tried several times and get an error message each time

DO A SEARCH!! only joking mate- ill reply to your PM as soon as i can mate- just in work so dont get to sneak on here for long!

Doubt there'll be any problems at all.

I did once however brake very hard whilst going over a hump which ripped out my sump plug ! Looked like it'd been shot in the guts, as it spewed oil everywhere for about a mile, until someone flashed me to stop...

:(

chris_20 said:
DO A SEARCH!! only joking mate- ill reply to your PM as soon as i can mate- just in work so dont get to sneak on here for long!

Naughty Naughty Chris, so is this what you do during fag breaks

I get big problems with my A4, mainly over those ****** speed bumps that are very narrow but make the car rebound.

I am going to raise the front slightly to try and counter act it, it's a pain in the ****.

I get the odd scrape. Mainly when I drive round to my garage, as I come off the road into the alley it drops quite sharply. On the road however not really.

It's only the downpipe and TBH after having the car on a ramp at the weekend I'm not bothered about it. Just some very light marks after about 8 months.

You just take a bit more care and the car looks after itself :thumbsup:

KW_3.sized.jpg

BUB :racer:

Just be careful while driving around, I am in manchester and some car parks were a bit of a challenge otherwise OK. I would go for coil overs straight off though, had springs then changed to coil overs cheeper in the long run.