Brake Disc Sizes

ronny

Audi A4 1.8TQ
Reaction score
Website
www.ronny.ws
Does anyone know the size of brake discs I need to buy for my A4, on my last A4 B5 2.6 quattro GSF listed front and rear Drilled discs but they don't list them for the B6 1.8T quattro.

I think the B5 discs will fit my Audi but I need someone who knows the sizes so i can just say i need 280mm or whatever.
The car is a 2002 model, with 18" RS4's so i can go bigger if the caliper will allow :)
If they don't fit does anyone know where i can get Drilled discs and pads all round for a reasonable price, around £150 like i paid for my B5's

Thanks

288mm for the front but if you are spending £150 you could get some B5 S4 front brakes cheaper which are 320mm and twin piston calipers,loads better.

Just replaced the fronts on my 2004 B6 1,8TQS and they are 312mm

Chaz

Why do you want drilled discs anyway? If it's for cooling, you might want to consider grooved discs. Grooved discs are less likely to suffer from warping and cracking, and in most cases offer even better cooling.

Take a look at www.tarox.com. They are much better than your standard oem discs, and they also look the part.

Thanks for the replys, I really just need to know what size discs are on my car so I can go to GSF and get the ones from them, Tarox will want silly money for 4 discs and the ones i had last time from GSF were great and lasted over 60k miles without an issue :)

Maybe if I phone Audi they will know, I cant see them being different from any other Quattro Sport version around the same year?

I think 2004 was the change over year to 312mm.If you want better brakes drilled discs are a waste of money but ok if you only want looks.

hehe so we have 288mm, 312mm and 320mm

And guess what.... The size is 280mm front, and i think 245 rear, how wierd they make so many different sizes lol

Its to do with all the different skews.

Can anybody tell me what my lowly 2002 Audi A4 SE - 1.9 Tdi 130PD takes. :think:

Found this...

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/a43brakes.php

Look in the front of your service manual. There should be a sticker with a load of three digit numbers - Next to optional equipment...

Match up the code with whats on the website in my case for my 130hp diesel its 1KD and 1LB :)

ronny said:
hehe so we have 288mm, 312mm and 320mm

And guess what.... The size is 280mm front, and i think 245 rear, how wierd they make so many different sizes lol

That is weird.
Are your carriers moulded to the hub?
I thought only the less powerful A4's had these brakes.

bayside blue said:
Its to do with all the different skews.

Can anybody tell me what my lowly 2002 Audi A4 SE - 1.9 Tdi 130PD takes.

My old 2001 A4 tdi 130 was 288mm up front,soon got changed to 320mm s4 ones.