EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: alarm help

cabriolet

Status

alarm help

my alarm has started going off on its own, i keep running out trying to find someone trying to get in it but after looking at my cameras it seems no one is there its just going off by itself.
    can any one help ????
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Do you have any dice hanging from the mirror? I've heard of some cases where people have left something hanging from the mirror, or even just in the centre console(or even cupholder) and it has caused the alarm to go off. Was it particulary windy at the time? A decent "rocking" on the car can set it off too. Has it been raining? A water leak could cause water to settle in the compartment where the "convenience" module is housed. Feel for dampness beneath the front seats, the module is located either under the driver or passenger seat.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

cabriolet

Status
    So basicly your saying that my cab is a water leaking boat out in a storm with pimped out bits from halfords.

thanks for the advice though mate. ive checked what you suggested but thankfully no leaks.
    i guess ill put it down to wind although it wasnt over windy last night.
    typical though now its daylight and the weekend where i would be able to do something about it, it hasnt gone off once today YET !!!!.
    thanks again.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Ive had this before where for one night it went of few times, Go out, looked around it, nothing!

It gave up after about an Hour.Aint happened since..Touch wood

cabriolet

Status
    hi J7USS

its not just the not knowing,its also the thought that someones pi**ing about trying to nick it.
    you know yourself,the first time you dont run outside like a twat in the night wearing nothing but your calvins,thats the time when the *******s take it.
    cant relax.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    I hear what you saying, best to be safe than sorry!!
    It pisses you off, I actually sat by my window with my Cod eyes waiting to see when it went off again but it didnt, sods law!

Thinking about it, it has happened again since when I popped to B&Q before xmas, By the time I got to the front of the Car park, I turned round (as you do) and noticed my alarm going off, Indicators flashing etc and there was no one in Sight!

Maybe it just needs to let some steam off now n again

Joking aside, See if it happens again tonight, might have just been a one off, Yeah its annoying why...but...

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    I've heard of the alarm units themselves sometimes being the problem and the alarm going of is its way of telling you this! It could be the battery backup or the unit itself. If it goes off again check the voltage on the back up battery, if its dropped under 12v then replace. If not then the unit itself could show up faulty on vagcom. You'll find the alarm behind the boot lining on the passenger side. Fingers crossed its just a 1 off for you though.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

TORQUETRONIX-DONEGAL

Status
    The m8 had the same thing happen to him, it turned out to be a fault in the sounder in the side boot panel m8
    £20 sorted him with 1 from the breakers and it sorted it

JJ-TINTS@CARNOISSEUR,
    CARRIGANS,CO.DONEGAL
    TEL/TXT: 07989 480 697 / 07929 779 229
    JJ-TINTS@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

cabriolet

Status
    it has only done it once since and that was last night.
    would this unit still be in the same place on a cab.
    cheers all

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly
    it has only done it once since and that was last night.
    would this unit still be in the same place on a cab.
    cheers all
    Yes!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Does your boat have a magic tree hanging from the rear view mirror, a mate from work has a boat and when its windy the bloody tree swings slightly and attracts the attention of the ultrasonics hence setting his boat alarm off!!
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

cabriolet

Status
    46thedoctor

no sadly no tree, no room with the DICE.

what bike you got doc

Status
    2005 ZX10R Ninja dude, its fackin ace, as you may know as you ride a proper bike too mate my best mate has a k6 gsxr1000, two truly awesome beasts.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

cabriolet

Status
    spent some proper doe on it mate,gsxr 1000 k5 with 179.6 bhp at rear wheel.
    my mate has the 05 zx10r, i think its the best model. plenty of power and instant grunt all the way through, had 5 r1's but the gixxer kicks arse.
    thats why ive got a cab now,nice and steady,cars arent quick.
    id love an rs4 though.
    do any track days ?
    me and my mate on the 10 are looking at doing the nurb ring that the A3 lads on the forum are planning,would be nice to see ya there and put a face to a name,and see what your like on your ten !

Status
    Cool man, yeh i do a few trackdays, i generally do at least 3 a year, Donnington, Oulton (bit bumpy for the 10 tbh) and the new Ty Croes (Anglesey) which is the Nuts!!! Would be interested in the Ring, done it once, its as fackin awesome as it is bloody dangerous, great fun when the Porsche Gt race teams are testing!! So wot u done to the K5 to get that sort of power?? I done pretty much everthing you can without a full rebuild and blueprint and got 171.6 RWHP which is good with a standard motor. Wont be long till the forum police are along waving a finger givin it 'its a car forum.................' I given up buying quick cars, cos they just aint quick in relation, thats why i got my oil burner..

cabriolet

Status
    gas flowed, cams, power commander,GP racefit can,tre, suspension sorted,down a tooth on front and still 104 mph in first.
    off the clock in 5th with about 1000rpm left then 6th.
    i do mallory, donno and silverstone alot.
    i had a oil burner before the cab, it was a great motor,plenty of poke and great on fuel.
    the cabs a top motor but very heavy and not as quick.
    just hope we get some sun this year for the cab and the bike !