EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: Modding

Reverse Gear

Status

Modding

I would welcome any advice re making tuning modifications to my 3 year old A4 1.8T S-Line.
    The 190 BHP is adequate and the car looks good. But I would like to tune it up a bit if possible.

Being a mechanical moron however does make things difficult for me.
    I've researched the web for advise and being overwhelmed by the possibilities of sports exhausts, induction kits, air filters, dump valves and re-maps.
    With about 1000 to spend. Can anyone offer experiences or offer help with regard which way to go please.

Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I would have thought 1000.00 should see you with an induction kit, remap and a cat back exhaust

Youll certainly notice the difference having a turbo charged car after the work, for those of us without a turbo its not so good, unless you have very deep pockets !
    Audi A6 C4 2.6 SE
    Cat back stainless exhaust
    Induction Kit
    164K and still going strong !

6th Gear

Status
    I paid £600 for a Milltek cat back,not really worth the money if performance gains are what you are after but will sound nice.
    If it was me i would get a remap,an uprated recirc valve and possibly a replacement filter and spend the change on some S4 brakes brakes and some decent springs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thankyou both.
    After talking to a nice guy from 'Angel Tuning'. I'm going the remap route.

The idea of spending 500-600 on a stainless steel exhaust system that will not improve performance much seems a bit of a waste. I'm not too interested in the car sounding as if it is faster.

The remap people have quoted 350 inclusive of vat. An increase of 35BHP over standard and an added 65Nm of torque.

As this sounds similar to just about every site I have been on (in fact the price is the lowest quoted so far). I think I should book the car in now.

4th Gear

Status
    Where are Angel Tuning based - have you got tel no: If its localish perhaps we can get both our 190's done and perhaps get a wee discount